Lips (1)

After his shift, Liam joined Aki in the table to study as Jun left for his part-time job. They did not waste time after ordering their food and studied right away. Their heads bowed low over their books, reading in silence. If Mia did not speak, Aki would not even notice her.

"Busy guys?" Mia placed the plates on the table, inviting herself to sit beside Aki. "You know, I was thinking--"

Liam interrupted without looking away from his notes. "We're busy studying for the finals. We don't have time to go shopping with you."

Mia scowled at her cousin. "You're so prickly lately Liam. I know you're busy and no, I'm not going to ask you two to go shopping with me, though it's too bad, but it can't be helped." She shrugged. "We can always go after your exams. But you derailed me, that's not what I was going to talk about. I want to have a welcome party for Aki."

"For me?" Aki looked up from his notes. "You don't have to."

"No no no. We have to. Besides, it's almost our anniversary too. We can have a welcome and an anniversary party. Hitting two birds with one stone right?" She smirked at Aki. "Don't worry it would be after your exams. So focus on your studies first. We'll party hard later."

"What about the preparations? The fees?" Aki asked.

Mia winked. "Leave it to us. And we'll do it here so we won't have to pay a lot. At least, the venue's free. Liam should help cooking though."

Aki promised to himself to help around the cafe once the exams were finished. He asked Mia for time off at the cafe to focus on his studies. The least he could do to repay it was to help for the party. His thoughts were interrupted when the door of the cafe opened and a customer came in. Aki heard Mia took a sharp intake of breath. He followed her line of sight and landed on the customer who just came in and was now being ushered to his seat by one of his coworkers.

Mia whispered beside Aki. "Isn't he the most dreamy guy?"

The guy who entered was one of the new regular customers. He was tall, medium built with slightly long hair and scruffy facial hair. He looked quite fashionable as well, earning glances from both male and female customers.

Liam looked over his shoulder to see what the other two had been talking about. He shrugged and went back to his notes. "Stop daydreaming and attend to the customer."

"Tin already got him." Mia clicked her tongue, her mouth turned down as if dejected. "Next time I'll be fast enough."

Aki met Liam's eyes and exchanged a knowing look, both suppressing a smile as they stare at each other.

"And look at those lips," Mia continued to eye the dreamy customer using the menu to cover her lips while her eyes looking over the menu to stare. "It's curvy and sexy."

"Whatever Mia," Liam said.