Chapter 1

Hey guys this is my first story...So I hope you like it.Though the starting isn't sooooo fun(I get that.) I hope you look forward to the rest of the story cause its going to be...AMAZING + sweet!!

Please ignore the grammatical errors!

ADITI'S P.O.V.

The sudden break of the car made me open my eye, and my deep slumber breaks after a long journey of four hours. As I see outside of the window I see there is a toll booth, my driver turned around with his huge red turban and says with a smile, "Madam we are entering Mumbai could you give me cash for the toll payment?"I nod and fiddle for my clutch quickly searching for cash and hand it over to the driver. As the car moves ahead i take a deep breath.

Finally I am in Mumbai ,the new chapter in my life. Staying in the orphanage for the rest of my life has been simple but now I am excited to start a new life, make new friends and have the next three best years of my life in this happening place.

Through an acquaintance of my nun back in Hope Children Orphanage, Indore I had hired a room as a paying guest."Madam what is the address?" my driver asks me bringing me back to the reality.

"Its C/34"I reply. As we drive past I see a sign board on a turning written on it was ' DHANRAJ UNIVERSITY' I take a deep breath. That's my soon going to be university.

I have always been a bright student so getting a scholarship was a new surprise to me but getting to study and do my MBA from D.U seems to be a great deal, hardly people get scholarships in there and i feel proud of myself for this.

The car stop before a black gate not of a mansion but of a small house. I get out of the car and put my sling bag down my shoulder. I instruct the driver to wait as i open the metal bar gate of the one floor house and enter the yard. It was beautiful small garden with flowers and hedges trimmed neatly. I walk to the front door and knock. I hear some utensils fall and lady's voice say, "coming!" As the knob turns and the door opens i see a short lady of about fifty years standing in a white night wear at noon with broom in her hand. Pushing up her spectacles up her nose she stares me up and down. I chock a little and say "Um..hello Ms.Thomas I am Aditi,the paying guest."

I am wearing blue jeans and a green t-shirt with my hair in a ponytail and my sling bag but the way she is staring me makes me feel naked .I look down and then again to her. She is now peeping at the gate staring at the car. "Where is your luggage?" she asks me staring at my watch.

"Its in the car."

"Follow and get the luggage upstairs" The old lady says and starts walking indoor.

"Luggage!"I almost scream at the driver who hurries to the back of the car.

As I follow the woman I find the house is actually very small and the behavior of the lady has already made me make my mind that it is going to be a disciplined life here Aditi!

As I climb up the stairs I see only one door on the first floor and then there is the terrace.I am satisfied that at least there is no one else on my floor to disturb me.My little annoyance due to my landlady is vanished the moment i see the room.It is a small room with a quite big window on the other side of the room.A small square bed on the right,bathroom on the left wall,a small cupboard ,study table with shelf on top of it and a full body thin mirror hanging on the wall.The best part is that there is a white pillar at the center of the room. Seeing it i have a huge smile on my face.No sooner did I turn towards the lady she walked out of the room and let the driver in with my luggage.I didn't even realize that while examining the room i had walked towards the window.

I smile at the driver and pay him .While he counts the money I watch out of the window, there is a huge rusted trunk in the back yard to which my room faces and there is a small cottage adjoingMs.Thomas's property but it seems that its abandoned the driver bring me to face him as he calls me 'Madam!' and leaves with a smile.I shut the door after him and lie on my bed.

Tomorrow would be my first day at the college. I hope I meet good people and so start my peaceful journey in Mumbai.