CHAPTER II

'The possibility of suicide? Really?' two of Hayden's friends were talking, but stopped the second Olivia walked into the living room.

Everybody was here.

Hayden's parents, Olivia's father and sister, Joe, Brandon, and the rest of both their close friends.

Hayden's mother, who was sobbing, stopped as well.

Olivia went to the front of the living room, looked out the window, and paced the room, biting her nails, as everybody looked at her. Brandon, looked down, with sorrow and regret in his eyes.

'He could be sitting and making fun of all of us.' Olivia said, trying to make her own self believe this.

'Could you imagine? Hayden? Killing himself? For God's sake.' She scoffs as everybody looked at her, except Brandon.

She let out a laugh, letting her hands fall to her side, 'He can't even hurt a fly.' Her voice cracked.

Everybody looks at her with pity, not being able to look directly at her.

She rubs her eyes, then looks at everyone. 'Chéri is playing us.' A tight-lipped smile on her face as his mother wipes her tears.

'Maybe he was losing his enjoyment lately, yeah, but suicide? That's too far-fetched. If I know one thing in life, it's that Hayden could never commit suicide' she sniffed and wiped her nose with the sleeve of her shirt.

Everybody looked down, nobody even dared to make eye contact with anybody at this time.

'Look, he'll show up in a while. I know it.' She kept biting her nails, pacing even faster.

Feeling as if she was losing her mind, she sat on the couch, her head in her hands, as her mind played the video of the first time, she met Hayden.

Five years ago, the outdoor seating of a small café.

Olivia took the two friends' order, as she caught Hayden's eye. Sitting with earphones on, with his friends, wearing a sleeveless white shirt with a sleeveless ripped denim jacket, showing off all his tattoos, hair messy, as he continued to stare at her.

Laughing, taking orders.

'Yo,' one of Hayden's friends tapped his shoulder as he looked back at them, 'What?'

'What's up with you?' Jason asks from across the table, laughing, while Jade keenly stares at Hayden.

Still caught up in her beauty, he watches her go inside the café, and runs after her.

He sees her at the counter, telling the order to the man standing behind the counter.

'Two glasses of lemon mint and one hazelnut cappuccino' she smiles as her attention turns towards the other waitress, who spilled the juice all over her.

'Don't worry, I was like you in the start as well, clumsy and spilling everything. You'll get the hang of it.' She smiles and hands her a few napkins.

Till then, she grabs the lemon mint juice and leans over the counter to grab two straws and ends up making the straw jar fall on the ground.

'Or, you'll be like me, forever clumsy' she laughed and grabbed the tray with the juices, and turns around to see Hayden, goofily smiling, leaning against the pole. 'Up these stairs,' she smiles and begins to walk out. 'These?' he points to the staircase and she nods and walks out. He walks halfway up the stairs and bends down to see if she left and runs back down and outside, back to where he was sitting before with his friends, not being able to take his eyes off of her.

She stood next to the small stand, placing the tray and grabbing a few menus, but her sight travels outside the door, an old man approaching the café.

She quickly takes her apron off and shoves it in the same cupboard, turning around, looking at all tables, and quickly sits down at the table with Hayden and his friends, breathing heavily, taking a sip of the water and giving all of them a smile, as they all looked at her.

The man entered the café, and called out her name as her saw her. 'Olivia?'

Olivia quickly got up from her chair and walked towards the man. 'Oh, hey dad. What are you doing here?'

'Your uncle Carl opened his new office close here, and I was going to congratulate him, so I thought I'll take something from here before.' He tilts his head and looks at the table she was sitting at. 'Are these your friends from college?'

Before she could answer, Hayden, who was already too into the conversation, quickly got up from his chair and walked to Olivia's father. 'We decided to grab some coffee before we started on the new project. I'm Hayden, sir.' He smiled and extended his hand and her father shook it, leaving Olivia completely dumbfounded.

'Come on dad, there's this really nice bakery here. We can get something from there.' And the both of them left the café, as Hayden made his way back to his seat, not being able to contain his smile.

'Wasn't she working here?' Jason asks as they all laugh, Jade tapping on her shoulder, 'You won't get it, never mind.'

--later that day—

Jason, Hayden, jade and a few of their friends walked past the alleyways, making their way towards the club.

'I'm telling you, tonight's gonna be bomb!' Jason yells as the rest cheer.

Hayden kept jumping and singing as if he couldn't stop himself.

'Bittersweet eyes, with that chocolate hair' he kept singing.

'What's that?' Jason asked, amused, as Hayden wrapped his arm around his head, putting Jason in an arm lock. 'Bittersweet eyes with that chocolate colored hair!' he yelled and laughed, running towards the club.

--

The whole group was on the stage, Jade singing, Jason with his guitar, Hayden on the drums. When jade stopped singing, the whole crowd cheered but Hayden didn't stop. He kept on going at the drums. Standing up from his seat, he beat the drums, creating a rhythm which made the crowd go wild. His personal drumbeats, then stopped and raised his hand in the air, as the whole crowd cheered.

--

'I swear to god, if it wasn't for those guys, dad would've killed me today' Olivia told the story again to her sister, as they laughed.

'And you just sat. with those random people.' Her sister laughed.

'I know!'

'Be glad they were attentive, otherwise you would be saying bye-bye to ever leaving the house.' They giggled but quickly stopped as their father entered the kitchen.

'Olivia, what are you doing here?'

'Making coffee,' she stated the obvious as her sister tried to contain her laughter.

'Let your sister do it. Go and study.' He ordered.

'Dad, a person can't study 24 hours a day. And besides, I like serving my family. Its therapeutic.' She smiled and poured the coffee into cups and the both of them bolted out of the kitchen, giggling.

thought id post ch 2 rn cuz none of my friends are active and im a sad boi 

also im just gonna write quickly and post as soon as i can cuz ik how much everyone hates lagging

k bye

-love annie