Chapter 2

Gabriel Agreste woke up, again, to the sound of this phone. Pretty irritated he answered the phone. 

-Hello? 

-Good morning father, I am sorry to wake you up. Nathalie called, she asked me to pick up Sophie from school before heading home - answered Adrien's voice on the phone. Although he recognized his son, he sounded slightly different. -Okay, father, I have to go get Marinette, see you in the after...

-Adrien where are you? - Gabriel asked beginning to lose his temper. 

-Uhmm, college... why? - Adrien asked a little worried.  -Listen, dad, I have class in 5 so talk to you later.- He hung up the phone.

-Okay, what the hell is going on? - he asked himself getting up from bed. First, Nathalie saying she loved him, then Adrien in college. He didn't recall giving Adrien permission for a field trip. 

He took his usual morning shower. When he opened his closet, he immediately took a step back. Not only he saw his clothes, but he also saw Nathalie's. Carefully, he ran a hand through her dresses and pants. 

He got dressed and left to his studio. 

He found it practically the same, with the difference that Nathalie's desk was bigger. He heard the sound of heels coming his way, then the door opened. 

-Mhm-hmm. Okay, let me talk to Mr. Agreste, so next Tuesday... uh-huh... - Nathalie was at the phone when she walked up to him, took his chin between her index and thumb and pulled him towards her. Gabriel was so amazed by her proximity, he had no chance of pulling away. 

She softly and quickly laid a kiss on his lips. 

-Okay, I have him right here, is Tuesday okay for receiving the people of New York? -she asked Gabriel, with her ear still on the phone. 

-Uhh... yes, yes Tuesday- he muttered. 

-Alright, on Tuesday it is... uh-huh? - Nathalie walked to the door, she turned around looking at Gabriel and blew a silent kiss at him. He only answered with a slight smile. 

Did she just kiss him like it was the most normal activity on earth? He sat on his chair and sighed heavily. 

Three knocks on the door. 

-Come in - yelled Gabriel closing his eyes. 

A few moments after, he felt a small weight on top of him and a small hand on his cheek. He immediately opened his eyes. A small, beautiful girl, black long hair with a red bow, grey-blue eyes, small freckles on her nose, smiling widely at him. She was by far, the most beautiful girl Gabriel had ever seen, even throughout his years seeing kid models.

-I love you Daddy, have a nice day - she kissed his cheek. 

Gabriel was speechless, yet this kiss, this hug, warmed his heart and made him feel everything was fine. All doubts growing in his mind blew away the moment he saw those eyes. He couldn't stop himself from setting a kiss on the child's forehead. She smiled and climbed down his chair. 

As she ran to the door Gabriel took a better look at her, she was probably around 5 years old, red dress matching her bow, back-length silky black hair. She turned around and blew a kiss at him, just the way Nathalie had done a few moments ago. Gabriel smiled and waved at the kid that closed the door behind her. 

-Oh my... God - whispered Gabriel.