Jon Snow X Waters!Reader - I Want It All

A/N- This imagine is based on the song I Want It All by Queen. It cuts off a little suddenly as I realised I had been neglecting this book quite a lot lately and wanted to get a quick bit of content out for you all. I hope you all enjoy it.

You had first met Jon Snow, and the rest of his family, at Dragonstone. Davos had been kind enough to introduce you to his king, and you had been left somewhat breathless when you had first set eyes on the King in the North. Your brother had been quick to break the one rule you had been set.

"It's Gendry, Your Grace." He had started so confidently, "I'm Robert Baratheon's son..." he paused for a moment, "bastard son." 

Jon looked shocked as he glanced over at Davos, and finally the laughter burst out of you, drawing his attention in your direction. "Begging your pardon, Your Grace." You uttered softly, still attempting to control your giggles.

"And this is his sister, Y/N." Davos frowned as he looked between the two of you. "They were supposed to keep that information to themselves."

You had managed to calm yourself as he spoke, "well, our father's trusted each other," you started, "why shouldn't we?"

"I saw your father once, at Winterfell," Jon told you, smiling sweetly at you both.

"I met your father," Gendry responded quickly, "at my shop."

"You're a lot leaner," the words caused you to smile.

"You're a lot shorter." The snort that escaped you was possibly one of the least ladylike sounds you had ever made. Jon's brows knitted together for a second, and then he was laughing with you. "Ser Davos told me where you're going your grace, and why," Gendry started softly, " let me come with you."

"Gendry," you bit out, "what are you doing?"

"Your not a soldier," Davos began.

"No, but I'm a fighter," he paused for a moment, "and he won't be needing a smith with a sword like that."

You frowned, resting your hand on your brother's arm. "Then what of me? If something were to happen to you-"

"Nothing will happen," he answered you softly, pulling his arm out of your grip. 

"Do you know how to swing a sword?" You shot Jon a small glare.

"No."

Jon sighed, "that'd be a problem."

"I prefer a hammer."

You felt your heart tighten for a moment, looking between the three men.

"He can handle himself."

"Ser Davos," you scolded quickly, "don't encourage him."

Jon frowned as he looked at you, contemplating his next words  very carefully. "We could use the help."

"My father used to say, better to be a coward for a minute than dead for the rest of your life," Davos started again.

"He sounds like a smart man," you uttered, taking Gendry's hand in yours. "Please, listen to him."

"If what they say is out there is true, I can't wait out this war, Y/N." You frowned, shaking your head. You finally released his hand and stalked out of the cave, followed closely by Ser Davos.

*Time Skip*

You were stood on the beach, watching as the men loaded up their boats, ready to transfer over onto the ship that stood off of the coast. It was all very busy, and you could feel your frown growing deeper as you watched them getting closer to their departure. It was a suicide mission, there was no doubt in your mind, and your brother was stupid enough to follow them into it.