Let it all go

Ella

"What are you doing up here all alone some?" I hear someone ask me, I turned my head and see it was Dan

"What are you doing up here all alone some?" I hear someone ask me, I turned my head and see it was Dan. "I just needed to take a breath." I answered looking back at the broken down buildings and the wall. "Do you remember when we first met?" He asked standing next to me and I looked at him, and shook my head.

"We were running to catch the train. You caught my eye, because you were running at the same speed I was, which by the way, you are very fast." He pointed out which made me chuckled. "But um, we both jumped off and you never once showed fear when given a task." He also pointed out and I tilt my head confused.

"You were number one on the chart, I remember giving you your first tattoo." He added and I touched the spot where my butterfly tattoo was. "You said butterfly because they signified freedom to you." He said and I moved my hand away to lean my arms on the buildings edge railing.

"Was I happy? Like at all?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"You smiled a lot, but I can't exactly answer you that question." He answered, well, not exactly. "I'm sure your memory will come back." He said trying to reassure me and I looked back at the wall. "What happened after I disappeared?" I asked Dan and he let out a sigh leaning on the railing.

"Well, at first, we all thought you ran away back to your dad, but when they went to question him, he had no idea." He began to explain, so I listened closely.

"Four was going crazy, he was on edge and for a moment we all thought he was going to explode because he kept blaming himself."

"Why would my brother blame himself?"

"From my view, it looked like you were mad at him and a lot of people assumed, before we knew you were related, that he broke things off with you when he transferred." Dan answered and my eyebrows furrowed. "Then the Dauntless leaders claimed you dead since Erudite informed them that they found your body beyond the wall. They said that you jumped off the wall and you broke every bone in your body, which was the cause of your death." He explained and I glanced at him.

"This led to everyone thinking that you did die and Four was silent. He took that news pretty hard, he became even more angry."

"Wow." Was all I said.

"Ella, I don't know if anyone told you, but Eric. He's bad news." Dan said to me and I looked at him confused. "Why?" I asked him.

"He's killed a lot of people when our fight broke out, he killed innocent people, people from your last faction." Dan answered and I shook my head not wanting to believe. "He tried to kill your brother too and not to mention he threw you off bridge." He added.

Suddenly that memory of me holding onto dear life pops into my view and I was taken back.

All of the sudden, all of my memories attacked me at once and I winced falling on my knees.