Part 3

She knew she had a forward personality... but how else was she going to make friends with introverts? How else could she get a date with the cute guy she'd never even noticed... until his introversion was swept aside by sleep deprivation.

"Are you hungry?"

He nodded as she led him out of the room and down the stairs. She carried their conversation until they were out of the building, talking about the adorable and delicious pastries they would find at their destination.

"Do you have a car?" she asked.

Link shook his head. "I ride public transportation."

"Ouch, that must be rough."

He shrugged. "It's necessary."

"We'll go to the Café and then I'll take you home," she said.

He squeezed her hand involuntary. "No, no that's okay, I don't want to trouble you."

She laughed. "If the date goes well maybe I'll just take you back to my place."

He went even redder.

"I'm joking, I'm joking," she said quickly, holding up and waving her free hand as she laughed again. "But I am serious about driving you home, I don't want you to have to figure out a public transpo from the Café."

Link let out a breath and then smiled. "Thank you, I appreciate that."

Zelda led him to her car, and then let go of his hand to dive toward the passenger seat and shove all of the crap on it into the back seat. "Believe it or not, my sparkling personality isn't always enough to entice people into my car."

He smiled again. A flushed smiled looked pretty great on him. "Should I be worried?"

"Oh, I don't kidnap people," she assured. "I only sometimes take them on spontaneous adventures."

He chuckled, and it only had a hint of nervousness to it as he got into the car.

She was in and they were out of the parking lot and down the road before he'd even buckled his seat belt. Surprisingly, the fast driving didn't seem to terrify him.

"I barely know anything about you," he said.

"And I barely know anything about you. That's what dates are for."

"Ah..." he replied, then fiddled with the strap of his bag. "I haven't actually... been on very many."

"That's too bad, they're pretty fun."

"Yeah, I..." he said. "I've just always been a little too... awkward."

"You just don't talk enough, I think, to communicate what's going on in your head. Some people find that awkward. Lucky for you, I find it cute."

He blushed scarlet again and looked at the vent in front of him. "You're quite the smooth talker, I really envy that."

"You can practice on me. I wouldn't mind, or judge you for it." She glanced over her shoulder as she changed lanes, then they glided into a parking space in front of the Café.

"I'm not really sure... how I could practice something like that."

Zelda got out of the car quickly and opened the door for him. She leaned against the door frame and smiled. "You've just gotta find the right words. It's a combination of repeating what you've heard before, and blending them together to create something new, and applicable, to the person you're flirting with."

He blinked up at her. "Oh, is that what you're doing?" he asked, and he gave a nervous smile. "You're flirting with me?"

"Oh yes, I find it to be very fun. Especially so with you, actually," she said. "You blush quite spectacularly, and I find that amusing and adorable." She grinned. "See? You say the truth that you're thinking, and just make it frank and sweet."

He licked his lips nervously and then his fingers tightened around his bag strap. "Your confidence is... extremely attractive." His voice only faltered once, even though he was so red he looked sunburnt.

"Why thank you," she said with a grin and held out her hand to pull him out of the car.

He accepted it, and they walked into the wonderful smelling Café hand in hand.