Chapter 35: Headache

A/N: Thank you for the votes, follow and comment! They really do encourage me.

If you've enjoyed reading so far, do vote/ comment and/or check out my other books!

Apologies for this chapter. Su Chen curses quite a bit here. 😂

-------------------------

Su Chen woke up with a pounding headache.

As she rubbed her eyes tirelessly, she felt that her headache was so bad, the whole world seemed to be shaking. Her ears felt like it was thundering outside as her whole body trembled as if vibrations was droning into her body relentlessly.

Not a morning person usually, Su Chen open her sleepy eyes into slits, frowning as she tried to focus in the bright light.

Then closed them again and flopped to the bed.

THUD.

The bed was not as soft as it should be.

DUM DUM DUM DUM.

The pounding headache had a very definite beat.

NEIGHHHHH.

Mmm The horse neighing were definitely a very soothing natural soundtrack.

Su Chen's eyes widened.

Opposite her was a lounging tall figure, reading a book lazily, dressed in a deep navy blue outfit with gilded gold lining on his sleeves, on which, images of verdant green pine trees were embroidered.

"Finally awake, sleepyhead?"

The lounging b*stard lazily grabbed the bunch of grapes on the table and dropped them into his mouth one at a time, tongue flicking out to catch onto one globular grape one by one, as he focused on the book before him.

Su Chen stared at the B*stard Shen Yi, looking seductive as he kept his long legs up on the comfortable carriage chair lounge, one long arm behind his head, propping himself up. This. This Man! Who is he trying to seduce with his shirt opening slightly to reveal his broad muscular chest?

Su Chen rapidly thought in her head. But could only remember passing out after the surgery, and then.... And then.... Darkness?

Oh. My. God.

What happened?

She stared at her clothes.

Nope.

Nope.

New clothes alright.

Someone had clothed her in this intricate female clothing.

...

...

Who the f*ck would do that????

...
......

Calm down.

Calm down Su Chen.

He doesn't know anything.

He doesn't know you.

You look different.

Your non-poisoned body looks different.

You're taller now.

"I know you're Su Chen."

The lounging b*stard bit into an apple nonchalantly, eyes still on the book.

How many fruits are you actually planning to eat???

No, not the point now.

Su Chen quickly pinched herself. Tears immediately crept into her eyes as she bit her lip and trembled, emulating the Su Li of her memories, all white lotus acts appearing on her body.