2.13

Daniel could feel his own heart beating against his chest in the silence. As unbearable as the air around him was, his own mind was also in a rough place.

He had really done it.

Though not directly, he had just confess to the man who he had forgotten about for so long. Now, thinking about it, wasn't this some kind of jerk move a person would pull after his heart gets broken?

But Daniel knew that he was definitely not lingering from the aftershocks of what happened between Avian and him. No.

What mattered now was Andy. That was the person who Daniel should've been with, the one who Daniel should've loved instead of Avian.

No! What was he even thinking about?

Daniel couldn't just blame someone else, because this was his fault. It was his fault, and he wasn't going to hide from it. It was his fault, and as a decent human being, he had to stick up for his mistakes.

Daniel stopped the car, having arrived at his house. Turning his eyes towards Andy, he began speaking, almost as if he had wrote a presentation beforehand.

"I know that everything I have done to you, though I may not have known back then, it doesn't make anything better. I know that it would be practically impossible for you to just jump in on this train ride with me and forget the past. What they have done to you, what Rose and Avian have done to you, I know that you can never go back and erase those scars. But, just a little, I hope that in the future, I will be there to help you later on."

"I know that I seem like this person who just wants to hurt you even more, heck, I'm positive that I am talking like one. Andy, it seems impossible, but will you let me stay by you." Daniel held his breath, his eyes looking at Andy's with pure emotions, his eyes even seemed to be breaking down the barriers within Andy's heart.

"I-" Andy opened up his mouth, his eyelids fluttering, shaking as his face slowly dropped its cold light.

Daniel felt like his heart would really jump out of his chest the next moment. No, he was positive that it would. He clenched his fist, his fingers turning white, and he gritted his teeth.

This was nerve wrecking for both him and Andy.

The air surrounding them seemed to freeze in the air. A silence that seemed almost impenetrable, and tension rose within the air.

Andy wanted to answer right away, but something about Daniel's expression made him want to tease him for a bit longer. In all honesty, Daniel's words really did touch his heart. After all, for someone who has never experienced love in his old world, this was rare.

If the world hadn't put its hand between Daniel and the original soul, he was almost sure that they would've gotten together sooner or later. Judging by Daniel's character, if he was in love with somebody, he would do whatever it took to be with that person. If that person didn't love him, even then he would still continue to love the other person.

Daniel was like Bai Mengxiang. Expect, while Bai Mengxiang was truly a fool in love, Daniel's love slowly corroded away. Well, truthfully said, if Avian hadn't broken it up, Daniel might've still be doing whatever it took to hold onto their relationship.

But for Andy.....whether it be in this world or the next, he didn't believe that someone like him would ever fall in love.

From the moment he was born, his well-being was never the priority. No, it was spent on getting the best grades, being in many sports, and being the spotlight. If he wasn't doing those things, he was getting tutored, or getting extra lessons on the piano, violin, and painting.