Chapter 54

Thank you so much for the support and love.

God bless you guys and have a wonderful day ahead

############################

Third Person's POV

"You what?!" they said simultaneously.

"You're being absurd," they said again.

"I am absurd now? You can't leave Golden Haven and you know why." The Dark Prince uttered out not believing she was actually willing to leave her homeland for him. What did he ever do to deserve her?!

"And what about you, Phoenix? You're denying your birth right. You are the firstborn." Princess Aeval shot back.

"Do not turn this around, Little Flower. You are the one being with the very gifts this kingdom needs."

"You are also the most powerful hybrid you know. You will make the very king your kingdom needs."

"We're not coming to a conclusion." The prince grumbled as they headed towards the castle.

"We could discuss this matter you know," the princess meekly suggested while she peered up at him.

"Excuse me?"

"We can talk about this to our parents. They've lived long enough to know what has to be done. They can help us make a wise decision. I know we're ready to leave our kingdoms for each other but....."

"You're saying we don't know what's best for us?"

"Sort of?" she dragged the words out.

"Well, I have already vaguely put this idea inside my father's head."

"You told him that you would deny the crown?!"

"In a very subtle way," the Dark Prince muttered under his breath.

"We both know you're anything but subtle," she smiled at the ground.

He narrowed his eyes at her and stepped closer to her small form. "Is that so?" he asked as he brought his lips close to her ear. She felt goosebumps all over her skin at the close proximity which they found themselves in.

"Ye...yes," she breathe out. She recalled how they had kissed in the recent days and she expected him to kiss her again.

We have more important things to discuss!!!

The young princess abruptly straightened herself up and turned her head away from his dangerous lips.

"What exactly did you say to your father?" Prince Phoenix did not hide his disappointment when his Little Flower turned away. He swore to himself that one day she would not be able to resist him.

"That I may not rule Red Kingdom," he said casually. He remained silent after that.

"That's it? That's all you told him? How did he react?"

"He reacted better than I expected him to. Smashed a few valuable items here and there but nothing too bad," the young princess looked at him in shock while he looked back at her and smiled.

"It could have gone a lot more worse, Little Flower. My mother wasn't pleased either but she was more open about the future."

"What did you suggest to the pure blood king?"

"Since you suggested that we talk to both our wise parents, I'll explain it then." The princess kept quiet after that. She wondered what the Dark Prince had said to make his father so angry. Of course he would be angry. What kind of a king wouldn't?! His firstborn son was refusing to wear the crown.......for her!!