Chapter 1

"Dad, this better be the last move" I complained once we packed everything into the 'Move Me' truck.

"I can't make promises" As part of my parents job they had to travel around the country and as their child, I had to travel with them. After almost 17 years of constant moving, I've grown tired of it. Oh and don't worry, I did take in to account the fact that my parent's would of had to travel much longer than I have. 

"How about this, we stay at the place we're about to go to, and you and mum go travel and do your job without having to take us. I'm sure Jake can look after me and I am 17 now" I said putting hands on my hips for some extra exaggeration.

My dad started to think, debating on whether he could trust Jake and I alone with no adult supervision. It's simple, although Jake is older than me by 2 years doesn't mean he knows more than me. I mean of course he's going to make me do everything while he throws parties. He'll wake up at 12pm because he has no school for a year, while i wake up at 6am because i do have school. I'll have to cook lunch and dinner and clean the house. He'll have to mow the lawn every once in awhile, clean the pool and of course other things that I'll come up with when we get there.

"Okay, I guess I could trust you to keep the house in shape and keep Jake out of trouble" My dad said after a long silence.

"Of course!" I said with a nervous laugh. 

Jake's been arrested 10 times, put into a bad boys detention 5 times and in jail 2 times but of course he escaped them. Jake is a boy that doesn't like to follow the rules but when it comes to his family he would help out with everything and anything. Jake has dark brown hair, blue eyes, tan skin and the height of 6'2" and me I'm the same but I have the eye colour brown and the height of 5'6". I'm the normal person out of us two, i don't skip school and i don't sneak out of the house. It's hard to believe that when I live with my delinquent brother I haven't turned into one like him. I wasn't exactly the most popular chick at the schools I go to nor am I a total loser but i was in between where the average and normal people sat.

I have two best friends that I will now live closer too who have stuck with me since forever. Maddy was the blonde haired, hazel eyed girl who was absolutely beautiful and had guys falling at her feet but she went to a different school obviously since i'm always moving. Sarah was the dirty blonde haired, blue eyed girl who was gorgeous and also had guys falling at her feet but like Maddy she was no slut and was so weak when it came to guys. I've never been able to stay in one school for more than one year, so hopefully this would be the last time in a long time that i'd have to move schools. The school I was going to is going to be a different school to Maddy and Sarah which sucks so bad because i've had to make and break friendships.

"Okay come on lets go, Avery, I talked to your mum about staying in the one house and we've agreed to it" My dad said climbing into the truck.

"Yay! Thank you" I said while doing a little victory dance which probably wasn't very attractive. My dad rolled his eyes and my mum climbed in and sat next to him. Since the car only had three seats which is now occupied by the truck driver, my dad and my mum, I had to get a ride with my brother.

"Hurry up!" My brother hissed from his car.

"I'm coming!" I grabbed my bag and raced to the car. I hopped in, buckled up and he took off.

The song 'Boom Boom' by Justice Crew came on so I turned it up and started dancing in my seat which is really hard. I started to sing along when Jake told me to shut up but at least he didn't turn it down.

"So you're going to the school I went to hey?" Jake asked me when a different song came on so i turned it down.

"Yeah, anything you might want to give me a heads up about?" Jake should be able to remember the school since he graduated last year, unless he had some serious case of dementia I wasn't notified of.

"Oh a big heads up, watch out for the gang" His voice was serious so he obviously wasn't joking, I couldn't help but lift both my eyebrows up.

"Why, are they bad?" I teased.

"Of course my gang taught them, so yo-"

"Wait, what? you're in a gang?" I emphasized the word gang. My whole 17 years and I never knew he was in a gang. Proves what an open brother he is.

"Yeah shh, it's a secret" He answered rolling his eyes. "But I don't like them sometimes they take it too far and I especially hate their leader, Austin Gray"

"Oh" Was all I said because we arrived at our new house. I guess I was going to have to watch out for this so called leader of a gang, Austin Gray.

Worries put aside I looked at the house with my mouth open. It was gorgeous! white walls covered the 2 story house, outside sat the cutest garden that had well manicured grass and they led to the stairs of a double doored house.

"Catch any flies yet?" Jake asked stopping outside the house. I closed my mouth and stepped out.

"Shut up, it's beautiful"

"Its beautiful" Jake said in a very bad attempt to sounding like me.

I walked up to the house and walked in. I could smell paint so it must be a new house or they repainted the walls. An idea popped in my mind. I ran up the stairs and looked side to side, ran to the right and opened up the door to a large room with a bed, dresser and two doors. I opened up one door that led to a small walk in wardrobe and smiled widely. I walked out and closed the door then opened the next door which was across the room. It was a bathroom. I screamed in delight and heard footsteps running to my door.

"What's wrong?!" My brother asked all in protective mode. I rolled my eyes.

"I get my own bathroom, by the way I shotgun this room" I answered. 

My brother was protective not over the top, but enough to annoy me. "Jesus Ave I thought you were getting murdered" He said running his hand through his hair.

"It hasn't even been 5 minutes, I doubt it" I smiled. He walked out shaking his head.

"Avery! come and get your box's, we're getting straight to work with the furniture and we want this space clear" My dad yelled from downstairs.

I skipped down the steps humming a song. "Need any help with the furniture?" I asked, looking at the many boxes I had to carry up to my room.

"No it's fine thanks, the guys are going to help" My dad looked up, and as if on cue, 5 guys walked in, looking absolutely scrumptious.. Did I just say that word? No I didn't. Yes I did.

They looked at me and smirked, I probably had this dreamy face on but when they looked I turned away with a red face that luckily, you couldn't see with my tan skin.

"This is, Damon, Kyle, Liam, Reece and Caleb" My dad pointed out each guy. Damon had black hair and piercing blue eyes. Kyle had blonde hair and blue eyes. Liam had dirty blonde hair with green eyes. Reece had brown hair and green eyes and Caleb had brown hair and blue eyes. They were like 5 Calvin Klein models. Okay shut up now Ave.

"Guys this is Avery" Dad said gesturing to me. I smiled did a little wave and ran back up the stairs, closed the door and leant on it.

"Avery your boxes?" Dad said calling me down again. Oops i totally forgot the boxes, i slapped my face, how embarrassing! I walked down the stairs.

"Right" I said scratching the back of my neck. I tried not to look at the guys as i bent down to pick up a box. I heard a whistle and stood straight back up so fast everything went dizzy for a bit. Death staring the one who whistled which by the way was Caleb, i turned and picked it up from a different angle.

"Want me to help?" Damon asked. He had the most mysterious face ever, i almost swooned when he spoke. Seriously? how are guys so good looking?

Just as i was about to say no politely my dad spoke up."Yeah, she would love the help" I narrowed my eyes.

Damon smirked and picked up one of my boxes. "Uh thanks"

"Glad to help" He winked.

I carried the box upstairs and to my room, put it down next to my bed while Damon put it near my dresser since it was labeled 'Clothes'. Right, two more boxes then I could lay on my bed and relax. Damon led the way back downstairs so i trailed behind and stared at his broad shouldered back. We picked up the last two boxes and put them in my room before i jumped on my quilt less bed and sighed.

"Damon, you still there?" I said with closed eyes.

"Yup" He said popping the 'P'.

"Thought so" I said. He chuckled.

"Could you please get my ipod doc?" I asked. I heard some shuffling through boxes and waited patiently.

"Here you go" I opened my eyes as he passed it to me.

"Damon!" I blushed. He was wearing one of my bras with a smirk on his face.

"What?" He asked 'innocently'.

"Take it off" I held out my hand. He let out a sigh.

"Killjoy" He handed my bra and i threw it back into one of the boxes.

"Out"

"Aye aye captain" He walked out the door and shut it. I plugged my doc station into the wall and connected my ipod to it. I played some music and lay back down. I sighed. All the moving we've had to make over the years had grown on me so now i'd have to get used to it. At least now i'll be able to make friendships that lasted longer.