S T R A N G E R S

Sixteen

Aubrey

It was like something in the air changed.

Ever since the day in the closet, it was like we were strangers. Well, boss and nanny. Anthony no longer looked at me with desire. He looked at me like the teenager watching his daughter.

Everything in the home was suddenly different. Anthony made sure to give his, tyrant of a wife, a kiss on her lips before she left for work. Being his job mostly required him doing computer work, he stayed home most days, but locked himself behind his office doors as I watched young Eva.

I sighed paying no attention to the television, but in my own world, wondering how my life became so low, so suddenly.

I'd been working for the Ross's only six days. Been cooped up in this house. Not like I had any friends to go out and club my lonliness away with. Kelly was back in New York and sad to admit, Nick was nothing but a fuck buddy.

I was broke out of my trance of thoughts as I'd heard my phone ringing from my bedroom upstairs.

It took me no time to get up to my room. It was only up the stairs and the first door on the left of the wide corridor. I'd never understood the simplicity of the Ross household. It was known to the world that they had wealth over most. So it just came strange to me, their household was merely a mansion. Spacious kitchen of course, basement with bar, second kitchen, and living space, guest bathroom, and a guest room. The main floor was cozy, not exquisite as you'd expect, and the 2nd floor was simply, a long corridor; holding another guest bedroom (that was now being used as my bedroom), bathroom next to it (which unsaid, but known, was mine.) Next to the bathroom was the nursery that was mainly unused, and beside that was Eva's room, and the door at the end of the hall was the master bedroom. Possessed by the one and only Anthony and Jacqueline Ross.

I was so indulged in my thoughts, I'd almost forgot about my ringing phone.

I pushed open my door exposing the sacred privacy of the only place I could call my own, in this whole household. I picked up my phone from where it rang.

I was a little surprised by the name the screen displayed 'Harry Martell'. I hadn't spoken to him since the night in my hotel suite, except for the occasional social media comment trades and such.

Our fans loved us, together. And I wouldn't be the one to sit here and deny that the night I met him, our energy's hadn't just clicked. From our bougie-ness, to our fashion sense, we related to each other on another level. So a smile spread my face seeing his name displayed on my screen.

"Aubrey, baby," He greeeted, "how you been?"

I sighed, "You know, all this nanny shit I'd told you about." I felt comfortable enough to tell Harry about the job my father had gotten me that night. It came handy that he'd already known, I was in no mood to explain my state all over again.

"Oh Aubs," I could feel him pouting, "You need to get out that house, it's a Saturday night!"

"I know, I know," I scolded myself. This wasn't me. I never needed to be told to come out of the house. It wasn't like they made me stay here on the weekends; I was off. So why was I still here on a fine Saturday evening like this, clad in some sweatpants, a tee, and messy bun. "So what's the move?"

"Well actually, there's a show tonight. The men runway show for Ralphy."

"Ralph Lauren." I gasped, ready to adore the new pieces of one of my favorite designers of all time, on perfectly sculpted men models, "I'm there." I squealed, no longer able to hold my excitement.

"Glad to hear," He assured, "send the addy, I'll have my driver pick you up with us on our way there."

"Gotcha bitch." I said before hanging up with a fat smirk spread a long my face.

I took a quick shower to freshen up, then tied my thin satin robe around my waist. I plugged my flat iron into the wall, and started filling in my eyebrows as it warmed up. I wasn't very big on makeup, my beauty came naturally, but for things like this, I made an exception.

When my brows were filled and concealed, I ran the flat iron through my hair a few times until my whole head was silky straight. I finished with the rest of my makeup, satisfied, I strutted into my walk in closet, to find the perfect outfit that suited the event.

My eyes instantly lit up on my LAUREN PETITE Metallic-Knit dress. My favorite Ralph Lauren piece I hadn't gotten the chance to wear out. Today would be the day. The dress was truly a beauty, from its perfected knit, to the silver shimmers that looked as the were dancing when you focused on them.

I cautiously stepped into the dress and zipped it up. I grinned, observing my appearance in the mirror i had at the end of my closet. The dress hung onto each and everyone of my curves, almost like it was custom made. My dark brown hair was held back on the right side by a black luxe clip.

"Perfect." I whispered to myself, I was perfect.

Ding! My phone went, indicating that I received a text. It read:

Harry

we'll be there in 4 minutes

Now on a time budget, I picked out some earrings, a bracelet, a necklace, and the RALPH LAUREN Satin-Calfskin Chain Wallet, that all complimented my outfit.