6

Having someone to confide to aside from his nurse, Namjoon, is new for Soobin. It's not like he expected someone to just popped out of no where and befriend him like what Yeonjun is doing right now.

But perhaps, he couldn't take it upon himself to complain.

Having someone there to turn your boring, almost routine-like life around is a refreshing feeling.

It's like seeing daylight again after being trapped in the night for years. A whole new experience that started not even a week ago but Soobin found himself being drawn to the feeling.

That feeling.

It's so nice.

He has to stop it.

Yet, he doesn't want to.

Why?

"Hey, Soobin! What's taking you so long?" He heard a voice called from outside his room.

"Keep your voice down, will you?" Soobin hushed Yeonjun down while he closed the door behind him. The older male just sent him a sheepish smile and dragged him by the arm through the corridor.

Both of them don't know why they came up with this idea of sneaking out in the middle of the night. They were just hanging out at the garden this afternoon but they somehow ended up creating a plan that involves the two of them leaving without their nurses knowing.

They're aware of the consequences, especially because of their condition, but neither wants to back out. None of them opposed the idea and questioned their own thinking and they don't know why they didn't.

Rules are rules.

Rules were created for their safety.

But here they are, with smiles on their faces, rushing down the front door, aware of the troubles they would possibly face but they didn't stop.

It's like being safe doesn't matter.

It's like facing danger is fine.

As long as they have each other.

Soobin glanced beside him and saw someone who looks so carefree despite of the invisible chains binding him up. He looks so free while being bound and he couldn't help but admire this someone.

He wonders if he could go back to his old self. He wonders if he'll be like Yeonjun again too but he knows he wouldn't and he feels like a fool for ever thinking of the impossible.

He shouldn't ruin this night because of his thoughts. He's supposed to have fun, though he's very much aware that this fun is just temporary.

And most importantly, he shouldn't ruin Yeonjun's hope.

He's the one who gave up, not this smiling male beside him.

And he shouldn't, he should never, ever try to make him give up too.