Chapter 12 - It's True

Logan Nielsen

"I hope that's not the girl that you're going to marry, Logan." My father said as he turned his body to me.

"No, father. She's my bestfriend and she's the granddaughter of Elliot Estelle." I said and he nodded.

"Elliot Estelle? Why is she living in a small old house then?" I raised my eyebrows when he asked that.

"Are you spying on me, father?"

"I got a lot of report from the guards that you always come home around 11 pm almost everyday. You were staying at her house." He said as he looked at me seriously.

"I'm trying to enjoy my last freedom, father."

"I don't want you to marry a random girl, Logan. I just want to remind you once again before you make stupid decisions."

"I won't, you know I won't."

"I don't like that girl." My father said as he sat down on the sofa. He gestured me to sit down.

"Why? She's a really nice girl, fun to be with an-"

"That's the point, Logan. You're a future King not just a random kid on the streets." He hissed angrily.

"I know, father. She came from a wealthy family too and besides Mandy and I are just bestfriend." I said as I ran my hand through my hair.

"I want you to get married before 25, Logan. I want you find a woman who can stand by your side and be a good Queen." He said and he let out a heavy sigh.

"Yes, father. You don't need to worry about Mandy, she's just my friend."

"I don't have a good feeling about that girl." He warned.

"Please don't judge her that way, you don't know her. She's a really kind hearted girl, fun to be with, she loves her family and she's humble.

"Don't praise her too much, I don't like it."

"Yes, father." I said as I looked down to the floor.

"You'll go to college and university in Denmark. I will introduce you to all the good noble families so you can find your bride." He said and I don't have any choice but to obey him. He has the power to control me.

"Yes, father." After that talk, he has to go for a meeting with the Queen of England. He bid his goodbye to me and left me alone in the room. I sat there for a moment to think about my father's word.

"Is everything okay?" Mandy asked me as I sat beside her at the living room.

"Yeah, he just gave me the talk." I said as I turned to her.

"How could you not tell me that you're a Prince of Denmark?" She asked me as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"I don't want to be friends with people who just come because of the title." I said truthfully and she put down her arms looking at me sadly.

"You were hurt huh?" He asked and I nodded.

"I never have real friends before, you're the first one." I said and she smiled. She hugged me by wrapping her arms around my neck. I wrapped my arms around her waist hugging her tightly as I let out a heavy sigh. I closed my eyes and I love the warmness that she gave me.

I always felt that she's sincere and so genuine in everything she do. That's one of the things that I love about her. She's sweet, lovely, kind hearted, not greedy and just be her instead of acting in front of people.

I would terribly fall in love with her if she's a part of elites or noble family.

She's the type of girl that I'm looking for. I want a girl who can be herself and be comfortable with me. I love a girl who can talk about anything and smart too.

Mandy almost has everything except that she's not a part of noble family or the elites. My father allows me to marry The York Company's children or maybe The 7 Gold Lifes but not Mandy. Her family is just rich but they don't have any connections with the government.

Not only that..

Mandy wanted to be a businesswoman so it's impossible for her to my future bride. Whoever will be my future bride, she has to be with me to rule my country. Mandy won't because she wants to pursue her dream to be a businesswoman and she made it more clear that she will leave everything just for her dream.

"I have a bad news for you." I said and Mandy looked at me curiously.

"What?"

"I will go to University in Denmark, my father just told me." I said and her face changed immediately. Her shoulder went down and she looked at me sadly.

"Why?"

"I guess he wanted me to focus more on learning how to rule the country."

"I understand."

"We can still meet and besides you can come and visit me. It's only 2 hours away, Mandy." I said as I put my hand on her head.

"Easy for you to say that but.. I won't be able to see you almost everyday then."

"We have our own dreams, Mandy. You have yours and I have mine. I want to be a good leader, a good King." I said and she nodded weakly.

"I know you will be a good King, Logan."

"Thankyou for trusting me, little one." I said and she turned her head away from me.

"Are you crying?"

"No, I just.. can't imagine my life without you in it. You invaded my life already." She said and she turned to me again. I can see her eyes were a little teary but I don't want to bring it up.

"I won't runaway, I'm just a little far away."

"And then you'll get married to someone.. I'm out." She said as she pouted. I chuckled looking at her and turned to me.

"Don't laugh! It's not funny.." She said and I pulled her into a hug.

"I swear.. I will never be go away from your life, Mandy. I love that you're in my life right now." It's true..