Chapter 42: Partners. Toriko's decision

When the heart was reached Komatsu and Toriko were huffing and puffing, sweat was dripping down from their faces. "Sheesh. It has to be eaten by two people at once. This vegetable sure likes pairs." Toriko's eyebrow twitched a bit as the woman added her two cents. "You shouldn't be surprised at that. It took two to take it on. Speaking of pairs, perhaps it's trying to tell you something." Sarafina had an innocent look when Toriko shot her a glare. Komatsu looked between the two confused before he spoke up, "Well, Ozone Grass does require special preparation."

"Since Fina is out of the running it looks like it's just you and me, Komatsu." The hunter said, feeling like a certain someone had set this up for her, their, amusement. Sarafina tried not to laugh as the two knelt on either side of the plant. "Let's both bite down at the same time." Toriko told the chef, both of their mouths ready to bite down. "Rodger!"

"On my count you two! One! Two!" Sarafina started and watched the boys both bit at the exact same time. Well, at least they got it right this time. A laugh erupted from her at their casts of pure happiness and excitement and laughed even harder as the two hugged each other. "We did it, Komatsu!" Toriko cried out even as the smaller man went, "Toriko-san!" "We did it! We ate it" "!? Ahh?! G..get off of me!" The woman exclaimed in surprise as her companions dragged her into their hug feist. "You helped too so you're joining in." Toriko grinned as a blush appeared. Too damn cute.

"I...I did not do enough this time! Get off!" Sarafina said as she laughed a little. "B..but you gave us some advice that helped.." Argh...fine. If that's what was being considered. "Ah's so, so happy! Iss...so..delicious! Super delicious!" Ok time for her to get free. Sarafina quickly escaped from their grasp but the two were so distracted with the chewing and tasting it that they never noticed her getting free or that they let go of each other.

What crunch! 'If I don't chew hard enough, it springs back!' The hunter thought as he continued to chew. 'The fibres are so dense, they're making my jaw do gymnastics to ear it. Chewing is fun! It's so pure and refreshing! I could get addicted to this, even though it's a plant! It's beyond delicious!' Too bad the woman couldn't try some but maybe next time. Just as the hunter swallowed a jolt went through his body. A split second later his cells levelled up, causing his shirt to literally to burst off of him. NOW he knew what that feeling was. His gourmet cells were craving ozone grass! 'My cells advanced!' The blue-haired man thought excitedly, looking up at the sky. The old man... The hunter recalled the president's words just before they left.

He knew the whole time. 'Ozone grass powered up my cells and forced me to cooperate with Komatsu.' Though Toriko had a sneaky suspicion that Sarafina was also trying her hand to get him to cooperate. Not that much surprising, she is his granddaughter technically. Jeesh those two. But...Sarafina and the old man were right. "I get it. I get it, you two."

"Hm? Get what, Toriko?" Sarafina asked as she felt him plopped down and turn his attention to Komatsu. "Yes? Whoa! What happened to your shirt?!" Komatsu responded, though how come he was so surprised about him losing his shirt? "Will you...be my partner?" Toriko asked, extending his hand a bit towards the smaller man. The woman couldn't help but smile at the adorable confused/surprised cast upon him.

The chef was silent for a moment before going, "Huh...?" The larger man scratched his chin nervously before he continued, though to be honest, it seemed like that Komatsu's reaction wasn't one he was looking for, "Um... You don't have to... If you don't want to, but... Be my partner... And together we'll make the greatest full course meal ever!"

Once again playing the enthusiasm card again. To be honest again for sure she thought it would be a yes but... Ah. Right. This guy was too modest. He probably never dreamed that Toriko would ask him. The hunter's words further startled said man. "M...me...and you?"