Chapter 45: Melk the Sharpener part 1

Hotel Gourmet: Annex Private Terrace

"Who hoo! Piping hot Strawberrice! Yummy!" Toriko shouted in glee as he eyed the sweet rice that Komatsu had cooked up. Strawberrice is a variety of rice typically served for dessert. Each grain of "rice" is really a tiny strawberry, but despite this, it does need to be cooked first. In terms of flavour, it contains the same amount of sourness as vinegared rice, and the more you chew, the stronger the strawberry flavour gets, making it a tasty delight. Strawberrice is delicious as a dessert without any dressing up.

"It smells wonderful, Komatsu," Sarafina said with a bright smile. "Hm?" Toriko stopped when he noticed tears were falling into the open cooker...along with snot as the chef bailed in happiness. "All that matters is that you're safe, Toriko-san!" He said, blubbering like a baby. "Komatsu, you're crying over the food again." Sarafina calmly told him enjoying the small portion she luckily got beforehand. "Wah! Komatsu! You're such sobbing into the rice cooker!" The larger man cried out in dismay over the ruining of good food. That only made him cry all the harder. "Th...thank goodness you made it back safe from the Gourmet World!"

"No more crying, Komatsu!" The hunter continued to cry in dismay. "Huh? ACHOO!" Without warning the chef turned and sneezed all over the rice. "What a waste of perfectly good strawberrice!" Toriko shouted in dismay.

"I can't help it. I'm just so happy."

"I can see that!"

"That's quite enough, you silly fool. It was YOUR fault for making him worried so much." Sarafina said. Despite that sweet smile...that was kinda harsh, even though he deserved it. While the others were enjoying an amazing meal, Kururu was off playing with Yun in the pool. "Got the steak ready!" The chef called out bringing a delicious smelling steak over to him. "Yay!" Toriko shouted as he took a big bite of his meat. "Dere's one sing...I 'ant figure out. Komatsu." The large man said in between bites, Komatsu had brought him another one and gave Sarafina a plate.

"Don't talk with your mouth full." Sarafina kindly scolded him, taking a sip of water. "Yum! Ginger pig is delicious!"

"The corn on the bone is up, Toriko-San!" The chef informed taking a corn with a bone right in the middle off the pan. Komatsu offered to cook her one but she humbly accepted it. "Ooh!" Toriko crooned out watching the corn with great anticipation. He lifted it and took a deep breath. "Mmm! Smells great.." He said before he dug in. He couldn't believe how sweet it was. "Mm. It's so sweet and juicy."

"What was it you can't figure out, Toriko-san?" Komatsu inquired continuing to cook. Trying to not piss off the woman but she said nothing. Just sat there, smiling as she usually does, as he watching the hunter swallow his bite and pointed slightly at him. "Komatsu, Sarafina. How did you know I was going to the Gourmet World?"

"Oh. Somebody told me." Komatsu said as Sarafina gave a small giggle. Komatsu then told Toriko everything of how they, more so Komatsu manage to discover his trip from Sunny after inviting them to eat. "It was Jiro's number." Komatsu answered, which annoyed Toriko a bit. "Grr. Stupid Sunny. He lied when he said the Gourmet World wasn't that big of a deal. He knew I'd never last." Toriko grumbled a bit. "Hahaha... I had warned you plenty of times BEFORE you left, but you refuse to listen to me. Consider this your little punishment." Toriko didn't respond to that, fully aware that he couldn't deny any of that and that made him even more annoyed. "I think Sunny was really worried for you." Toriko finished the corn before he continued to talk. "Since he told me how to get there...I bet he didn't think it would look good if he called for help."

The man got it in one. "So he came to us, mostly me, instead. Well, it's all over now! I'm just glad you came back safe and sound, Toriko-san!" Komatsu said putting down a bowl with a mountain of the strawberry rice piled in. "Woo-hoo! Strawberry-rice!" Toriko cheered again and reached to pick up a rice that resembled a tiny strawberry. "Each tiny grain is actually a strawberry! It's a teeny bit acidic, so it comes off tasting like the best vinegar rice. Plus the more you eat, the sweeter it gets! It's a total dessert rice!" Toriko stated, staring at it. A wide happy smile was on Komatsu's face as he stated happily, "Today, in honour of your return I'm going to treat you to my finest dishes!"