Chapter 10

"Come on, Shinobu. You can do better than that." I told my twin sister who was breathing heavily and struggling to stand up. She used her wooden katana as support.

"Shin-chan... I can't anymore..." she told me tiredly. I'm sorry, Shinobu. But if I won't do this, Kanae will beat me up.

Today, I'm training with Shinobu because Kanae ordered me to. She told me to be strict when training her but I couldn't do it at all. So she threatened to beat me up if I spoiled her at least once.

"Try to at least get a hit. Then you can have a break." I told her and she pulled out her wooden katana. This doesn't count as spoiling, right?

I looked at Kanae who was drinking tea in the sidelines. She saw me looking at her and gestured that it's ok. Whew... I'm still safe.

I raised my katana while still looking at Kanae and blocked a downward slash from Shinobu. She wasn't surprised anymore since all I did was blocking or dodging the whole spar.

Shinobu pulled back and thrust her katana towards my body. I turned my body to left and grabbed her arm that was holding the katana. I threw Shinobu back where she started, gently so she doesn't get hurt and she landed softly.

We have basically done this many times. She attacks and I throw her back to where she started. I could see the frustration on her face and she ran towards me again.

I didn't want Shinobu to get angry at me, so I decided to leave an opening on purpose. I raised my arms and swung my katana down slowly but not so slow that she could dodge it easily. 

Shinobu dodged my attack and saw the opening that I left. She swung her katana quickly as she could and hit my torso. Agh! Straight to my wound... I hope it didn't reopen. I slowly look inside my uniform so Kanae doesn't suspect anything and didn't see any blood.

Whew... It didn't reopen. I held out the lingering pain and turned around to see Shinobu laying on her back with the wooden katana next to her. She let out a sigh of relief.

"The training is finally over..." she said tiredly.

"Shinobu, don't lay on the ground. It's dirty." I scolded her and stabbed my wooden katana on the ground. She raised her both arm and looked at me with puppy eyes.

"Shin-chan, carry me." she told me. Agh! I completely forgot about this!

I sighed in defeat and walked towards Shinobu. With one arm behind her back and another arm under her legs, I lifted her easily. She's surprisingly light.

Shinobu smiled happily and swung her legs back and forth as I walked towards Kanae. I set Shinobu down next to Kanae and Kanae made some tea for Shinobu. Shinobu accepted it and drank it slowly. She savored the taste and her smile brightened more. 

"Nee-chan, now it's our turn to train." I told Kanae who had finished her tea. She stood up and we went to pick our katana. I took the laying katana and Kanae took the stabbed katana. Don't want to be mean now, do I?

We stood far away from each other for a while and started our spar. All we did was honing our swordsmanship for the rest of the day, nothing special.

I know I have to rest while my wound is recovering but I don't want to. It's too boring and I want to get stronger. No time to rest and chill.

But that was all the thing we had done for at least one month. Honing our swordsmanship with all three of us. Shinobu improved her stamina, speed, and technique greatly. Kanae and I didn't have that huge improvement except in swordsmanship.

Another one month, I created the Full Concentration Breathing training, that Shinobu originally had created in the anime, with the help of Flower branch's helpers. Thanks to them, I could get the hard gourds of different sizes.