The day Ninjago stood still

Season 2, episode 8.

Words: 2,5K (One of my shortest chapters so far.)

Warnings: Does the word "asses" need to be warned for?

In Dareth's dojo, the ninja are training with a blindfolded Lloyd. "Don't rely on your eyes. Use your ears." Cole told the green ninja, as he was surrounded by the others. 

Dareth walked in, "Uh, guys, I'm teaching a class later, so I'd appreciate a clean dojo." Just as he finished, the ninja attacked Lloyd. Except Y/n, who gave a thumbs up to the brown ninja. Lloyd kicked Zane away, causing the ice ninja to drop his shurikens. He then went to Jay, pushing him in the face. The green ninja took Cole's scythe and used it to kick away the recovered ninja again. 

Y/n was watching from a few metres, smirking. Lloyd kicked Zane and Jay in the face, as well kicking Cole into Dareth. The earth ninja smiled awkwardly before turning back to Lloyd, who was laying on the ground. Lloyd jumped up just in time and Cole fell to the ground instead of jumping on Lloyd. Kai went to hit the green ninja with his sword, but missed. 

Next up, Lloyd kicked Jay into Dareth's collection of fake trophies. Dareth muttered a lot of "no's" as he went to his collection. Lloyd continued kicking the others away, not noticing Dareth's cries.

Dareth opened a window, just as Jay got kicked away. Now he fell outside. The green ninja used some fire on Kai, but a little bit also got on the carpet. Dareth was jumping on it spastically, as Jay, outside, was screamed something about opening the window. Y/n decided to do something about the fighting boys and sends a blast of wind towards the green ninja, causing him to fall.

"You beat me again, Y/n." He chuckled and she helped him up.

"I try my best." She shrugged.

"How can you make Lloyd trip and we can't, while we're with four people!?" Kai exclaimed.

"You got no elemental powers right now, I do." She replied, smirking. And decided to open the window for Jay.

"Thank the first spinjitzu master. I thought you forgot about m-" Jay jumped back into the dojo. Suddenly, the ground moved violently.

Dareth puts on the tv, making Gayle Gossip appear on the screen. "NGTV reporter Gayle Gossip on the scene of what appears to be an earthquake rocking the city of Ninjago. But it's an earthquake like no other, as scientists have yet to pinpoint the cause. And more frightening still, the aftershocks are getting stronger." She said.

"What do you think this could be?" Cole asked.

"Probably Garmadon, we haven't seen him for a while." Y/n pointed out.

"He would never. Lloyd's father is evil, but he would never do anything to put his son in harm's way." Misako retorded, glaring at the purple ninja.

"Misako's right. He only tried to thwart his training. This is something else." Sensei Wu agreed.

"But what is it?" The blue ninja asked.

Zane whistled and his falcon flew on his arm, "My friend, be my eyes and look for danger in the streets from above." He told the falcon and it flew away.

"No, no! Stay where you are! Help! Help me!" A woman, whose dog was still at the high ground, yelled desperately.

Y/n, Lloyd, Kai, Zane, Jay and Cole ran towards the yelling woman. The green ninja looked at Y/n, who nodded. She used her powers to help the woman up. The woman thanked Y/n before running away with her dog.

"These things keep coming with no warning." Kai 

"That's it. A warning. The scrolls said the earthquakes would be a warning. A warning for something far worse to come." Misako appeared, followed by Wu.