drugin' | four.

March 30, 2018

               Shantey sits in the backseat of the SUV with the driver and Sino up front, cruising down the street of brownstones and parallel parked cars on the Upper Westside

Shantey sits in the backseat of the SUV with the driver and Sino up front, cruising down the street of brownstones and parallel parked cars on the Upper Westside. She's been in New York for two full days and should be putting more vocals on her song, but instead she was going to see her sons grandmother since reaching out to her yesterday. She agreed, received her address which leads her to the Upper West near Central Park.

The driver finds a space between a car and truck, pulling in parallel. The gear shifts in park when Sino turns to look at Shantey, who looks out the window. "I can go wit you."

"I'm good," she assures, staring at the brownstone. She takes a deep breath before steps out of the SUV to the cold breeze attacking her. Closing the door, she shoves her hands into the pockets of her white jacket. She walks up the L-shaped stoop and knocks on the door. She hears a woman's voice on the other side informing she's coming.

A few seconds, the door pulls open and the woman with skin the color of caramel and dyed blonde short style hairdo, stands on the other side in a plain crewneck tee and fitted joggers. She offers Shantey a smile and says, "glad you decided come. Come in."

Shantey steps into the townhouse with the high ceilings and open concept of the living and dining room to the right of her. She takes in the decor and nods in approval as Francesca shuts the door and says, "you can hang your coat on the rack, honey."

Shantey quickly removes her coat and hangs it on the coat rack. "This is a nice townhouse. Seem like a lot since you live alone and everything."

"My niece and nephew stays with me. They're out. You thirsty?"

"I-" she stops when Francesca walks away towards the kitchen. Shantey shakes her head as she follows, her snow white leather Christian Louboutin Suzi ankle boots clicks again the Oak floors. She walks into the massive chef's kitchen when Francesca start pouring to glasses of freshly made tea she made. "Look, Francesca–"

Again, Shantey is interrupted. "Have a drink," the glass with ice and a straw is slid over softly to her on top of the Cambria stone island counter. "I made it fresh not to long ago."