Chapter 60 - Smoke & Mirrors

"Are you two out of your minds?" Noah quips in a rushed whisper before shutting the door to his office and turning around towards us.

He lifts his hand to point a finger at us as he continues, "You two are not going to Mexico."

Stiles huffs out a frustrated breath before he argues "Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico. Okay? I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico."

Noah walks away from us and inhales deeply while stepping behind his desk to lean his hands on the back of his chair "Okay even if you guys are right about this– the best thing is to go through the proper channels–"

Stiles hits his hand on the desk with his objection "Dad–"

Noah nods his head and raises his hand out to his side, continuing on a little louder like Stiles didn't say anything "That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points."

Hearing his words I nod, however I urge "Mr. S... something happened to Scott. It's like Derek, he's not dead– but it doesn't exactly feel like he's alive either."

Noah softens his eyes but shakes his head to stand his ground.

I feel Stiles wrap an arm around me while lifting his free hand out to his side to argue "Dad, we can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices. Okay? Someone needs to go down there right now, find them and rescue them. We're going."

Noah furrows his brows as he moves his eyes between us. He takes in our serious and not backing down faces before he stands up from his lean, raising his brows to go with his words "I can keep you two from going."

Stiles shrugs and clarifies "We'd find a way."

Noah shakes his head to take it a step farther "I can throw you in separate cells."

I tilt my head to the side and elaborate softly "We're resourceful– we'd still find a way."

Noah softens his face with a sigh and moves from behind his desk to walk around, coming to stand in front of us with his plea "Guys, please. Just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a banshee scream backed up by Deaton seeing a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye in a mental hospital."

I must look offended because he sets his hand on my shoulder with a reassuring little shake "Not that I don't trust what you feel kid–"

I close my eyes, offering a nod of understanding with his words he's right no one would accept that as probable proof to go into another country after them

Opening my eyes when I hear Noah sigh, he looks between us and continues with his bargaining "Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then we'll book three flights to Mexico. We'll all go. Okay?"

I smile softly with his words before Stiles makes a noise and grips his hand lower on my hip while he nods towards his dad "Okay, okay, great. Do I get a gun?"

"No." Noah deadpans before walking towards the office door.

I try to cover my snort into my hand by coughing softly, however I just earn Stiles pulling me harder into his side.

Fighting a smile he places his mouth against my temple, murmuring "Heard that" before placing a kiss against my skin.

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇