Chapter 2

Y/n L/n's POV

The sound of my alarm clock's ringing echoed inside my dull room as I let out a sigh before reaching my hand out to stop it.

"Darn it" I mumbled, lifting my face up from my pillow and proceeded to do my morning routine after seeing the time. "Another day in hell, here we go..."

-

With my sweaty hands, I stood in front of the gates before taking a deep breath. I had decided that I should at least try to look more confident rather than keeping my head down all the time─ that was basically the main cause of my neck pain.

"You can do this, Y/n..." Walking in, I kept my chin up the whole walk to my classroom.

My actions caught the attention of nearby students as they quickly nudged each other while whispering like I couldn't hear them from a mile away.

"Hey look, It's Ms. Scaredy cat"

"She seems kind of different"

"What the hell makes you say that? I don't see a difference at all"

"Is it because she actually has her head up for once?"

'I guess these idiots don't really know the meaning of whisper, I can literally hear all the shit they're saying...'

Just as I was about to release a sigh, a hand that came out of nowhere held my shoulder to stop me from walking any further. "Morning, loser"

Seriously, why does this bitch keep coming from the back?

"Ah, here come the bullies..."

"Good luck, L/n..."

"How come only Minseo gets to mess with the school's coward?" A crowd had already began circling us, thirsty for some drama first thing in the morning.

"Ready for another beating?" Minseo smirked like the psycho she was. Usually, only guys liked beating other guys but Minseo was an actual sadist, someone who takes pleasure from torturing and humiliating others. And people were starting to think I was a masochist for letting her beat the daylights out of me everyday.

Her grip on my shoulder got tighter, making me wince. My hope of changing into a better person was already being taken from me by the clown who was dragging me away to somewhere private.

I know I said I would at least try, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. There's no way I could actually escape from this sadist.

'I... really can't do anything, huh?' I thought, biting my lower lip when a warm hand suddenly held my trembling one. But when I looked to my side, there was no one there.

"That's not true, there's lots of things you can do..." My eyes went wide after hearing that voice again. "Just stick to your end of the bargain and I'll help you with the rest"