Chapter 57

Jennie: What... what do you mean?

Seungri leans away from Jennie and gives her a smug smirk.

Seungri: Your father is sacrificing his life to save his little girl.

Jennie: No...

Seungri chuckles in amusement as he begins to pace around the helpless girl.

Seungri: Don't worry sweetheart. I'll make sure that his death is as painless as possible. Your father was once my friend after all. It's the least I could do.

Jennie stares at him with disbelief and hatred as the words flowed so easily out of his mouth.

Jennie: Are you fucking serious? How can you even say that? If you considered him your friend then you wouldn't try to kill him!

Seungri frowns a bit at Jennie's outburst as he stops again in front of her.

Seungri: Your father betrayed me first Jennie. I'm just returning the favor.

Jennie laughs bitterly as she looks past him towards Hanbin.

Jennie: So this was what you've been hiding from me all this time. I can't believe I ever let myself love you.

Hanbin looks down towards the ground, finding himself too ashamed to look at Jennie.

Seungri turns Jennie's head back towards him as he gives her another smile.

Seungri: It's rude to look away when an elder is talking to you Jennie-ah. Now where was I? Oh yes, so your father will be arriving soon. And the plan is to let you go while he gives himself up. However, if I see any funny business from you, I won't hesitate to kill you as well.

Tears welled up in Jennie's eyes as she tries to reel in her emotions.

Jennie: You're a monster.

Seungri seemed unfazed by Jennie's words as he walks back over towards Hanbin.

Seungri: Take care of her. I meant what I said. If she does anything out of order, I will kill her.

Hanbin bows down in fear before answering.

Hanbin: Yes father.

With one last glance towards Jennie, Seungri exited the dark room.

Hanbin waited for a few seconds to make sure that his father had truly left before heaving out a relieved sigh.

He nervously sneaks a glance towards Jennie to see her face turned away from him.

Hanbin: I love you Jennie-ah. You have to understand that I'm doing this for you... for us.

Jennie whips her head towards Hanbin, her face stained with fresh tears.

Jennie: You love me?! You call kidnapping me and then killing my father, loving me?!

Hanbin shook his head as he takes a step towards Jennie.

Hanbin: It's the only way. I-I wanted to protect you.

Jennie: I don't fucking need your protection! I don't need your love! I don't fucking need anything from you! All I want is for my father to be safe! I want you and your psychopathic father to leave me and my family alone! And I want to be with Jisoo!

Hanbin: You don't mean that. You'll see Jennie-ah. After all of this is over, you'll realize that everything I'm doing is for you. It's me you love. I'm the one for you... I'm the only one for you.

Jennie grunts in frustration as she leans forward in her chair angrily.

Jennie: I don't love you! There was a time where I did, but it's over now. I don't have any feelings towards you! I love Jisoo!