Chapter 19 - Unbearable

Isabella's POV

Alessandro averted his gaze, running his hand through his hair and mumbled something under his breath.

"His father..." I mumbled, still staring at Alessandro. I wanted to confess about Alessandro and me. I was bored with hiding. I bit my lower lip nervously and breathed deeply. "His father is...." Suddenly, Alessandro lifted his head up and shook his head, giving me a warning look. I looked at him, stunned. I gritted my teeth and averted my gaze. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply, trying to calm down.

"He lives in New York." I lied as I looked at Silvia. "We met at university and started dating. He wanted to come with me, but he couldn't because of his job. He has a company there. It is a new company. So he has so much work to do there. He will come as soon as he puts his works on the right track." I mumbled without looking at Alessandro for a second. I was angry at him. So angry!

"Do your parents know about him and...the baby?" Silvia asked.

"No. I will tell them when they come back. It will be better if I talk to them face to face." I replied. She nodded.

****

I was talking to my mother on the phone in the study room. She told me that they couldn't come back in two months as they planned. My father signed a contract with an Arabic businessman. So he had to stay there for awhile.

As I hung up my phone, the door opened and Alessandro walked in, closing the door behind him.

"We need to talk." He said firmly as he approached me.

We hadn't talked since yesterday. I was ignoring him. I didn't want to talk to him nor see his face. I was still mad at him. I hadn't even had breakfast with them. I had my breakfast in my room.

I sighed and asked dryly. "What about?"

"Isabella." He gave me a begging look. "You know what about I want to talk to you." He stated. "Thank you for not telling my mother about us. I promise I will handle my situation as soon as possible, and we will tell them about our baby and marriage." He added.

"Our baby? What the hell are you talking about?" I asked mockingly. He gave me a puzzled look. "Are you crazy? It isn't your child. Didn't you hear yesterday? It is from my boyfriend who lives in New York." I added sarcastically and gave him a death glare.

"Isabella!" He warned, clenching his fist. He sighed, trying to calm down and put his hands on my arms.

"Don't touch me!" I snapped and pulled away.

"Please, Isabella. You know about my situation. I don't have another choice. Damn it! Do you think I enjoy keeping my wife and son from my parents a secret?" He hissed, frustrated.

"I don't know. Maybe you enjoy your fiancee's presence." I stated. "She is beautiful, isn't she? Why do you need your pregnant wife while you have an attractive fiancee?!" I added mockingly as tears ran down my cheeks.

"Isabella, how many times should I tell you I don't love her but just you?" He snapped, annoyed. He breathed deeply, closing his eyes. He opened his eyes and looked at me; his eyes softened. "Please, bella mia. I love you. Trust me, please. There is no other woman in my heart. My heart belongs to you. You are my wife, my love. I love you so much." He confessed, looking into my eyes.

I bit my lower lip and looked away. I breathed deeply and asked. "How long will it take this fake engagement?"

"I don't know. You know what happened to that man." He replied and sighed, running his hand through his hair.

I gave him a mocking smirk and stormed out.

It had been a week since Alessandro and my fight. Every time I was alone, Alessandro approached me, trying to talk to me, but I didn't want to hear anything anymore. I was so annoyed and disappointed. Actually, when Silvia asked me about the father of my baby, I thought he would finally admit, but I was wrong. He didn't stand behind his wife and baby.

I was resting my hand on my bump while looking through the window, lost in my thoughts.

"Isabella." Alessandro called me as he approached me.

I sighed, annoyed as he approached me. When I was about to leave, he grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Please, bella mia." He gave me a begging look.

I sighed and looked away, resting my hand on my stomach. He placed his hand on top of mine on my belly. I pulled my hand away sharply, giving him a cold glare. He breathed deeply, running his hand through his hair.

"Isabella, don't make it hard for me. My heart sinks every time you become distant and cold towards me." He confessed, looking at me sadly.

"Alessandro, do you think it is easy for me? It is unbearable seeing you with another woman who thinks she is your fiancée or lying about our baby. We are married, Alessandro, and we are expecting our first baby together." I stated, trying to hold myself from crying.

"Isabella, do you think it was easy for me to be there when my wife needed to lie about my paternity? I was holding myself hard not to tell my mother that he is my baby." He declared, full of sadness in his eyes. "But I cannot. I am in deep shit, and it isn't just about me. My loved ones are in danger as well. Lorenzo is a dangerous man. Do you think what he can do if he finds out about you and our baby?" He added and closed his eyes as he cursed under his breath.

"Alessandro, Isabella?" Silvia gave us a puzzled look as he approached us. "Is everything okay?" She asked as she gave me a cold glare.

"Yeah." Alessandro mumbled. "Umm...I have to go. See you." He added and left after giving me a sad look.

"Umm...I..."

"We need to talk." Silvia said in an authoritarian tone as he looked at me with a stoic expression.