one - lagos

Age 15.

"Longing. Rusted. Seventeen. Daybreak.
Furnace. Nine. Benign. Homecoming. One. Freight car."

"Good morning, Soldier."

"Ready to comply."

"I have a mission for you. Sanction and extract. No witnesses."

I heard the beep for the millionth time coming from my alarm clock

Dad was probably busy at the moment so I have to make sure I wake myself up.

I had my winter Winnie the Pooh pjs on, I like being warm.

My hair looked like a rat's nest but I don't care much for my appearance now.

I was up till three am trying to finish my homework for almost every class.

Breakfast is normally silent, everyone grabs what they want and then they go on their way.

I turned the doorknob and walked across the cold floor. It doesn't bother me much though.

"Good morning Hazel." Vision was just sitting down, he doesn't eat at all so he just mindlessly wanders around breakfast time.

"No." I opened the fridge and pulled out the milk carton.

"I believe the correct answer is good morning."

"No." I started making my cereal.

"But I-"

"No." I sat on one of the barstools and slowly put my spoonful of lucky charms into my mouth. It's only good because of the marshmallows really.

I dosed off within five seconds and my face went into my bowl.

I pulled my face up. "Breakfast isn't for me today." I put it in the sink and walked back to my room with milk and cereal all over my face.

                              •   •   •

After school

I walked into the base, everyone was suiting up. "What's going on?"

"Oh there you are." She tossed me keys to the motorcycle that we kept on the quinjet for missions."

"A Undercover mission in Lagos, got a lead on Rumlow."

I opened my locker. "I don't really do undercover."

"You'll need to learn soon enough." She tossed me one of her jacket and a pair of glasses.

"Have you talked to him?"

"He was busy today."

"He's always busy now." I said under my breath.