Chapter 4 - The Dementor

"Wait, Arnya you're coming to Hogwarts?" Harry asked surprise as they sat in the compartment.

"I'm an observer," Arnya said.

Vincent and Arnya had made it onto the train at the last second. Because Harry, Ron, and Hermione were waiting for them, they had to share a compartment with a man sitting fast asleep. His luggage had the initials, Professor R. J. Lupin.

"Will you be allowed to enter Hogwarts?" Hermione asked curiously. They had heard from Harry on Arnya's background, they were shocked to say the least. Even now they still couldn't look at her the same.

Vincent glanced at Arnya who had a thoughtful expression. He was curious as well.

"I will when I give this to Dumbledore." Arnya said holding a letter addressed To Dumbledore.

"That's all?" Vincent asked sceptically.

"That's all."

The train whistled, signalling its departure. A rumble of thunder filled the grey skies with warnings of a storm coming.

"I have to tell you guys something," Harry said catching their attention, "Sirius Black is out to kill me."

Vincent frowned while both Ron and Hermione looked horror struck, "And you know that because—?"

"I overheard Mr and Mrs Weasley," Harry muttered, "they also warned me that there's a possibility that he would force his way through Hogwarts."

"Harry, you have to be careful," Hermione said fearfully, "don't go looking for trouble."

"Trouble usually comes looking for me," Harry said.

"Harry would have to be pretty thick to go looking for someone that wants to kill him," Ron said shakily.

"I do that all the time," Vincent thought, "probably best not to mention that."

Harry looked at Hermione and Ron before looking at Vincent who had the calmest look out of them all. Well, apart from Arnya who didn't really have much interest in the subject in the first place.

"The fact that he broke out of a prison known to be inescapable means that he's smart, very smart," Vincent voiced his thoughts, "but something doesn't add up, if he wanted to escape, why now? He's had twelve whole years in prison, it's unlikely that he came up with a plan to escape Azkaban recently, so there's a likely chance that there could be another motive than just to kill Harry, otherwise he would have done it on Harry's first year or before he knew about magic."

"Or maybe you're thinking too much into it," Ron muttered, "maybe he was just waiting for the right moment."

Hermione was about to speak before a strange sound came from Harry's trunk. Harry pulled out a strange device that had a ball of sorts in inside that spun around centre, glowing brilliantly.

"A sneakoscope!" Hermione explained, "Don't these show whether there's anyone untrustworthy around?"

"It's a very cheap one mind you," Ron muttered embarrassed, "it kept going off when I was tying it to Erol's leg."

"Were you doing anything untrustworthy?" Hermione asked shrewdly.

"I...might have used Erol without permission," Ron muttered with a bit of embarrassment.

"Are these things even reliable?" Vincent asked curiously, "Telling people when someone untrustworthy is around is rather vague. It could be a person on the street, someone next door or—"

He was cut off by the compartment door opening, revealing a smirking blond teen with two goon like boys behind him.

"You know what, maybe those things are useful," Vincent noted.