~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮 ~

Chapter Twenty-Five: Holy Jolly Christmas

"I'll apologise now if Lucy starts singing, or if Danny is being extra sarcastic, or if Cedric, oh Cedric is always nice

"I'll apologise now if Lucy starts singing, or if Danny is being extra sarcastic, or if Cedric, oh Cedric is always nice. Oh Merlin or what if Lucy and Danny start arguing, then again they might all be on their best behaviours" Lina stressed.

Remus chuckled and placed his hands in Lina's shoulders "stop fussing Lina, if any of that happens then it happens."

Lina shook her head "I'm sorry you're right it's just my friends, I love them of course I do but sometimes they annoy other people to out it nicely."

"If you like them I'm sure I will as well" Remus smiled, he held his arm out to her "now are you ready to go?"

"Yes," Lina looked her arms around Remus"s and with a crack they had apparated to outside the address Cedric had given them.

They didn't have to wait long after knocking for the door to open, a tall blonde woman who was undoubtedly Cedric's mother stood smiling at the pair. "Hello, you must be Lina and her uncle, come in, come in" the women gestured them in. The home had a warm feeling to it, pictures decorated the walls as well as hundreds of Christmas decorations. "Everyone is in the living room and lunch shouldn't be much longer now" she opened a door where loud chatter was entered. "Lina and her uncle are here" Mrs Diggory announced.

Lucy at Mrs Diggory's announcement jumped up from her seat and hugged Lina so tight Lina thought she wasn't going to make it to Christmas lunch "I am so glad you're here, seriously I'm this close to killing my brother with Danny's brother's dead body."

Lina laughed "uncle Remus this is Lucy."

"Hello Mr Remus, I hope you don't mind but I'm stealing Lina" having a hold on her hand she dragged her over to their friends, Lina did a quick look back to see her uncle happily talking to the other adults.

"Merry Christmas!" Lina cheered sitting down in the sofa next to Lucy.

"Merry Christmas" the boys chorused back.

"So, how's it going so far?"

"Lucy's behaving" Danny teased.

"Only because my parents are here" she mumbled and leaned against Lina.

"But apart from that-"

"Aren't you going to introduce me, Daniel?" Danny was cut off by a boy around the age of seventeen, he was much taller than the four and had a mop of brown hair with matching brown eyes.

Danny sighed "Lina this is my older brother Rolf, Rolf this is Lina."

Rolf sat himself down in the free seat next to Lina, much to Danny's annoyance "hi."

"Hello" Lina replied, the new boy looked familiar but Lina couldn't place why.

"Can you show me magic?" Another boy, this one much younger at the age of eight approached the small group, he looked like the male miniature version of Lucy.

"No she can't, now go away" Lucy snapped.

"No can do, mum told me to leave the adults alone and come over here" he squished himself in the small gap between Lucy and Lina. The group of four had now been successfully infiltrated by siblings, Lina moved so she was sitting with her knees pulled to her chest.

"Go and face the corner instead Will."

"I'm good."

"Moments like these make me glad I'm an only child," Cedric said.

"Same here" Lina agreed.

"Dinner!" Cedric's mum called, her timing couldn't have been more perfect. Everyone made their way to the dining room, all the food was already laid out before them, Lina sat down next to her uncle but before Danny could sit the other side of her Rolf beat him to it.

"So how are you liking Hogwarts?" Rolf asked Lina as he began to fill his plate.

"I love it" Lina replied as she too began filling her plate.

"You're a Hufflepuff right?"

Lina nodded and then she realised how she recognised the boy "you're a Hufflepuff too, you hang around my cousin."

"Yeah I do, I'm sorry to say but I already knew who you were before I came over. Tonks talks about you a lot."

"You have to love older cousins" Lina chuckled.

"I'm glad I'm the older one."

"Is it true that the oldest is usually the favourite?" Lina quirked up an eyebrow and took a sip of her pumpkin juice.

"Oh definitely" the boy was kind but he also radiated cockiness.

"Well considering Danny is one of my best friends I'll have to say I prefer him."

Rolf seemed to shut up after that, he didn't speak much to Lina or much to anyone else for that matter, and then there was Danny who was sitting diagonal to Lina every time she tried to catch his attention he would act like he didn't even know who she was.

When dinner was finished everyone at the table headed back towards the living room, Lina tried to speak to Danny but he was still ignoring her. "Ced" Lina pulled Cedric back to speak to him away from everyone "what's wrong with Danny?"

"Eve" Cedric sighed "Danny and his brother don't have the best relationship, Danny always lives in Rolf's shadow so when he finds something that's his he likes to keep it his, that could be books, his owl-"

"His friends" Lina realised she suddenly felt very annoyed with herself "Oh Merlin."

Twenty minutes later Lina walked into the library where Danny was sitting alone on the sofa staring off into nothing "I bought hot chocolate, we have to be careful though if we spill anything Mrs Diggory will never let us back here" Lina smiled.

"Thanks" Danny mumbled taking the drink, Lina sat down next to him but the pair didn't speak until they had both finished their drinks.

"Cedric told me why you're upset. If it makes you feel better I told Rolf I prefer you."

"Really?" Danny asked trying to hide his smile.

"Yeah and that you're one of my best friends which should be obvious to him but you know I don't know how smart he is" Lina moved closer to him so she could lean her head on his shoulder.

"No one is ever going to tell me anything that is going to make me smile more than what you just told me."

"What about that I have presents?"

"Alright, maybe that too" the pair laughed "by the way if it isn't obvious you're one of my best friends too."