13

Namjoon

I sat at the back of my lecture tapping my pen on the table. There was a low murmur of talking around the room and Jin was next to me talking with Hoseok. I had started in with their conversation but I had lost interest. Hoseok was talking non-stop about the last girl he had sex with and I felt awkward listening to them.

"I heard you are dating Haewon now," Jin said elbowing me.

"Huh?" I said and he raised his eyebrows slightly, "Oh, yeah. News travels fast,"

"It does when it's the virgin killer and gangbang hoe," Hoseok said.

"Shut up, Hoseok," I said, "You know nothing about her so stop being an ass. Rumours are spread because people are bored with their lives. Haewon isn't as bad as people think,"

"Everyone knows that what she gets up to is true," Hoseok said, "Haewon the Hoe,"

"Hoseok the guy who will fuck any pussy offered to him," I snapped, "Isn't it the same with you? And she isn't a hoe so shut up talking like that about her,"

"Someone is in a bad mood today," He laughed, "Is she not putting out enough for you? Or is she sleeping with other guys?"

Jin quickly stopped me from hitting him and glared at Hoseok, "Hoseok, stop being a dick. Show some more respect for your friend. Haewon isn't a hoe despite the rumours. Rumours are like Chinese whispers and even then the start of them are never true. So, if you don't want to be punched by Namjoon, I suggest you just shut the fuck up,"

"All I'm saying is that he is making a big mistake in dating her," Hoseok shrugged, "But since I don't want to get punched today, I'll shut up. Namjoon, just don't expect me to like her,"

"What is your problem with her?" I asked, not caring that people had stopped talking to listen in, "I don't understand why you don't like her,"

"I don't have to tell you," Hoseok said, "That girl is your girlfriend. I have to keep my mouth shut. I've said what I've wanted to,"

"Why are you being such an asshole?"

"I'm not saying-"

"She hasn't done anything to you!" I exclaimed, "If anything, it's you being a total jerk to her. I'm done pretending not to care what people say about her because they don't know her. It's fucking ridiculous,"

I got to my feet and shoved my things back in my bag before storming out of the lecture. I could feel people staring at me but I didn't care. It wasn't often that I acted like that but Hoseok was pissing me off. There was nothing wrong with Haewon but he seemed to get funny every time her name was mentioned or she was around.

If something had happened between them, I'd rather Hoseok be honest with me. I mean, I could ask Haewon to see what went down and just hope it wasn't too serious so it couldn't be mended.

I let out a small huff and I heard a small chuckle from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw Yuji. I would have normally got excited to see her but I was in a bad mood.

"You don't seem happy," She said smiling at me, "Girlfriend problems?"

"No," I said, rubbing the back of my neck, "We are fine,"

"Uh-huh," Yuji said, "So, you don't care that she-"

"Rumours are rumours," I said, "I know they aren't true and that is what matters,"

"You know how many abortions she has had, right?" Yuji said, "And she will never stick to the rules of a relationship? We used to be friends in school but I caught her sleeping with my boyfriend and all she did was-"

"Were you the one to start all the rumours?" I asked, almost snapping.

"I didn't start rumours," Yuji scoffed, "I was only telling people the truth. I caught you and her kissing and I just think you are making a big mistake,"

I shook my head, "Think what you want, Yuji,"

"I'm trying to be a friend!"

I ignored her and walked away. It was the first time I ignored her calling my name and I was annoyed at her as well. I was fed up with what people were saying about Haewon. After I got to know her she wasn't that bad. Ok, so she was blunt and told people how it was, but it wasn't a bad thing. Haewon was right. People are too sensitive to the truth and would rather listen to lies.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and called her number.

"Hello my little bean," She answered, "You have never called me before. What's up?"

"Are you free?" I asked, walking towards the car park, "I need to see you,"

"Do you have a boner that you can't get rid of? Please press 1," She laughed, "I'm joking. This seems serious. Sorry, I should be serious,"

I found myself smiling, "No, it's what I need right now,"

"Namjoon, are you ok?"

"I don't know," I said, "I need to drop my bag home but can we meet when I'm done?"

"Sure. I mean, you're more than welcome to come to mine,"

"What about your brother?"

"My brother is in his room and unless we make noise, he will stay in there," Haewon said, "He's also a wimp so I wouldn't worry about him and-ow! You bastard! Can't you see I am on the phone"

I heard a muffled voice over the phone and Haewon just cuss the person out before coming back to me.

"Taehyung said that you need to come over because he is bored and he can't bully Yoongi,"

"Oh," I said climbing into my car, "I mean, I was hoping you were by yourself but I can come over,"

"Great!" She said, "I'll see you in a bit,"

"Did you want me to bring in anything? Like snacks or anything?"

"Are you sure you don't want to marry Haewon?" I heard Jungkook say over the phone and I let out a sigh, "Yeah. Hello. Jimin and Taehyung have pinned her to the sofa so I can talk to you. You can bring anything you want that involves food and drink. If you aren't at university tomorrow you can have a drink, drink with us. Anyway, see you soon little bean,!"