\\Chapter 12//

Alydia's POV

The sky has turned pitch black as the stars above shone, brightly. A cold breeze swept my way, as I walked to the main gate. Usually a weather like this would brighten up my mood but today, it did me no good. I was held back from everything that happened today.

My arm was injured badly. A glimpse of blue appeared in the shape of a hand around my wrist. Eugene's grip.

Every bitter word he uttered and the agonizing bruise he left on me caused both emotional and physical pain that was unbearable.His eyes showed no remorse as he relished hurting me for a reason I cannot understand.

Grief filled my heart as I felt numb recalling every single second of the incident. I rubbed my head from the headache that was preparing to breakthrough.

Soon, I reached the main gate and stopped before I took a step out. I debated to myself whether I should inform my parents or not. I cannot tell them what happen, but they will be concerned as I was not feeling well today.

After a few minutes of thinking, I pulled out my phone to type a message to my mother.

Hey mom. I am heading home okay?

Pressing the sent button and pushing my phone back to the pocket, I step out and walked in the direction to my house.

Suddenly my phone rings. I pick up, it was mother

" Hey mo-"

"It has only been minutes since we arived and you want to leave?"

She was confused.

"Yes"

"And why is that?"

I paused to think before I answered.

"Just" The best I could think of.

"Just? Alydia are you alright? Do you feel sick again? I will come with you".

"Mom stop! I am alright. I just do not like parties.You stay and enjoy".

I lie but only to calm her down.

"No way,I am-"

"Mom please. If I need help, I will call you or the neighbors".

I throw my hand in the air frustrated by mom's stubborness.

I hear a sigh behind the line as I tap my foot waiting for her approval.

"Fine, your father will kill me but I also do not want to pressure you to stay here if you do not want to" .

" Call an uber and leave, will you?"

"Okay mom, do not worry. See you then"

I hung up.

I pulled out my small purse to see how much cash I had. Three dollars. There was no way I could call an uber.

Frustrated, I put away my purse and started to walk my way to my house, instead. In the pitch black darkness.

------------------
:At the Dunn's house

The time it took to get home was shorted than ever. I was deeply lost in my thoughts, processing everything that happened. Stepping on the doorway steps, I reached for my back pockets to grab my keys when I realized I do not have any.

What do I do now?

I thought I had to stay out in the darkness but I suddenly remembered that my parents always leave a spare key on a pot in the garden.

I crouched to see through the flower pot of a possible spare key when I heard a noice of a door shut.

My body straightened and searched around where the noise was heard as my heart beated fast.

"Alyssa is that you?".

An old cranky voice was heard me as I quickly sprung around to face her.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I saw no one but our fellow neighbour, Mrs. Grande. No matter how many times I correct her, she always called me Alyssa so I never bothered to correct her.

"Yes Mrs.Grande". I said waving at her.

"My bad. what are you doing walking around like that?"

"Oh I am just trying to find the spare keys".

She laughed and pointed at a flower pot right next to the door.

"Its there. My lord did you search the whole garden?"

I faced palm myself.

"Yes"

I was too tired to laugh but neitherless forced one out.

But I suppose she saw it.

"Are you okay?"

Mrs.Grande comes up to me and places her hands on my fatigue cold face.She was quick to know something was wrong and a worried expression appeared on her face.

"Yes I am, just extremely tired from the party".

I rubbed her shoulder reassuring her.

"Oh its that party at, forgot the name,O! Elijah' house? Your boyfriend?"

A long break of silence arose as I looked her way unable to gather words to speak with.

"He is not my boyfriend".

Actually, He is barely a friend to me.

"Ah, forgive me dear. My memory has started to fade away"

" It is alright Mrs. Grande. See you"

I forced a smile out and waved goodbye to her.

Finding the spare keys, I opened the door with it and went inside to a pitch black house with only a little light from the street lights entering as the curtains were open. The door shut close as I collapsed to the sofas unbothered to turn the light on, reliefed I left the party and arrived to a place of comfort and warmth. Slowly, my eyelids closed from the tiresome day. Suddenly, I was woken up by my phone ringing.

I looked at it to find Elaine as the caller ID.

Flashback starts

" Elaine will soon see who you really are and remove you out of her life like the way we did"

Flashback ends

I stared at the phone, debating if I should answer it.

Eugene always had intentions to hurt me and he would do or say anything to accomplish that. However, what he said about Elaine may be right. Deep down, I wanted to believe she was different and would never leave me for no reason. But I suddenly realized.

Everyone else left me without a reason.

I waited for the phone to end the ringing and when it did, I turned down the volume and placed the phone on the table and lied down again, on the sofa.

Tears run down my eyes once again, as I shut them close.

Right when I was about to fall into a deep sleep, I heard a noise of a door knob turning open. I Ignored it, assuming it was a random thought appearing in my mind, as I fall asleep. But suddenly, the door closes and I hear footsteps.

The footsteps gets louder as it nears me.

I was no longer alone inside my house.