Messy hair, late-night cuddling and the friend zone (Peter Parker)

Peter: Date with Liz is in an hour! I need you!

I bit my lip as my eyes kept darting over the words in the text. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach at the idea of Peter needing me so badly, it was the first half of the text that was the issue. I sighed and stood from my bed, knowing that I'd be a really crappy best friend if I didn't help Peter get ready for his date. I grabbed my keys and headed out of my apartment, Peter's door already in sight from across the hallway. When Peter had first started talking about his crush on Liz, it had broken my heart. I had had a massive crush on Peter for as long as I could remember, and small moments throughout our friendship had always led me to believe that I had a chance, like the way his arm would curl around my waist in his sleep when we slept over at each other's apartments, or how he would blush when our hands accidentally touched, or even how he didn't mind being shirtless around me. Come to think of it, they were all probably just signs of how deeply I was in the friend-zone. Completely. Fucking. Stuck. Then, he had asked Liz out, she had said yes, and any hope that I had ever held about being with the perfect boy had completely disappeared, leaving my heart aching. I sighed, coming out of my thoughts as I walked to Peter's door and knocked on it. It opened immediately, revealing Peter in one of his science pun t-shirts and his flannel sweater pants.

"Finally." He sighed, taking my hand and pulling me into his apartment.

"What took you so long? I sent that text, like, twenty minutes ago." He scoffed, looking at me.

"I...was doing homework, I only just saw the text." I shrugged. Obviously, that wasn't the truth. What had actually happened was that I had seen the text as soon as my phone had buzzed, but had spent the last twenty minutes deciding whether or not to help the boy that I loved get ready for a date with another girl. Obviously, I had decided to, it wasn't Peter's fault that he was hurting me.

"Okay, well, all that matters is that you're here now, I have no fucking clue what to wear and it's seriously freaking me out." He puffed, rushing through to his bedroom. I sighed and followed him through, my eyes widening slightly as all of his shirts were on his bed, along with his Spiderman suit.

"Woah, you weren't kidding when you said you were freaking out." I scoffed.

"No, I wasn't, and May isn't in, so I need your help. What do I wear?" he gulped, crossing his arms over his chest and biting his nail as he looked at the shirts.

"How about you surprise her with the Spiderman suit?" I joked, looking up at him.

"Ha, ha, very funny." He mumbled, rolling his eyes at me, but the smile that curled onto his lips told me that he wasn't actually annoyed at the comment.

"Well, if it was me that you were going out with..." I mumbled, being careful with my words as Peter looked at me. I stepped forward and grabbed my favourite flannel shirt on him.

"I would think that you look good in this one." I nodded, holding it up to his body and trying to ignore his gaze on me.

"You would think I look good in it, or you do think I look good in it?" he smirked, biting his lip. I chuckled and shook my head, trying not to blush as I pulled the shirt away from him.

"Don't get cocky, Parker. You happy with my choice?" I asked. He looked at the shirt.

"Yeah." He nodded before taking it off of the hanger. I sat on his bed, my eyes widening slightly as he pulled his sweater pants and t-shirt off, leaving him in only his boxers before starting to yank jeans on. It wasn't as if I hadn't seen Peter virtually naked before, but his perfect body, an added bonus of becoming Spiderman, got me every time.