Hate (Tom Holland)

I stood at the side of the set, nervously biting at my nail as I watched the scene that I had been dreading, unfold in front of my eyes. Tom sat on the bed, fake tears streaming down his face as he buried his face in his hands.

"Peter, I...I'm sorry that she did that to you." Zendaya gulped, sticking to her character of "MJ" as she crouched on her knees on the bed next to Tom.

"I just...I tell her that I'm Spiderman and she does that? I thought she loved me." He choked. I sighed, chewing nervously on my lip as I knew what was to come.

"I know, Pete, I know. What she did wasn't okay. But just know that I'm here for you." Zendaya nodded, gently resting her hand on Tom's shoulder. He slowly raised his head, keeping in the character of Peter as he looked at her, his eyes wet and puffy. My heart started to thump through my chest, Harrison's hand on my shoulder not really reassuring me at all. Tom gulped, Zendaya doing the same as they looked down at each other's lips. Tom's gaze flickered back to her eyes before he leant in and pressed their lips together. She returned it instantly, cupping his cheek to bring him closer as his hand moved to her waist, also pulling her closer.

"They're just acting, Y/N. Your boyfriend is only kissing your best friend because he has to." I whispered to myself. When I had been given the role of Tom's supposed love interest in "Spiderman: Far from Home", I had been over the moon. I had had the biggest crush on Tom and I practically idolised him. I didn't know that he felt the same until he had asked me out one day on set. When I had first read the script, I was over the moon to be sharing an intimate scene with him, until I had discovered that one of the big plot twists of the movie was that my character dumped Peter and MJ became his love interest instead, meaning that he had to kiss my best friend. Though, I did prefer for him to kiss her rather than anyone else, I trusted them both with all of my heart. Didn't make it any easier, though.

"And cut!" John yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts. Tom and Zendaya immediately broke the kiss and broke into smiles, Tom laughing as they fist-bumped.

"Alright, brilliant take, Z and Tom, take five." John nodded. They returned it as they stood up and started to walk towards Harrison and I. I forced a smile onto my lips as Tom walked up to me.

"Hey, you." He smiled, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing me.

"Mm, you taste like Z." I chuckled.

"How the fuck do you know what Zendaya tastes like?" he laughed.

"We share Chapstick, dumbass." I returned, making him laugh and nod.

"Seriously, though, were you okay with that? I know that you weren't happy when you found out we had to do a scene together." He spoke, gently rubbing his thumbs in circles against my waist, the way he knew that I liked.

"I have to be. I'm not going to be that girl who doesn't let her boyfriend do a kissing scene with another girl, especially when said other girl is my best friend." I sighed. He returned it and nodded.

"Think of it this way: she never gets to kiss me again, and we were both acting. You, on the other hand, get to kiss me as much as you want, and I actually love you." He chuckled.

"Oddly, Thomas, that doesn't make me feel any better." I shook my head, making him smile as he buried his face in my neck and started to kiss the skin.

"Get off!" I squealed, making Tom laugh into my neck. Suddenly, my phone pinged with a Twitter notification. I opened it up and my smile immediately dropped.

"Huh." I mumbled.

"What is it?" Tom asked, moving his face from my neck to look at my phone. I sighed and showed him the photo. His eyes widened as it was a photo of him and Zendaya, kissing in the scene that they had only just done and obviously taken secretly, with the caption: "I ship them so hard!"

"That was quick." Tom scoffed, taking my phone and looking at the post.

"Yeah, too quick." I mumbled. Tom looked at me.

"Hey, hey, hey." He chuckled as he gently curled his arms around my waist and pulled me into him. I sighed and looked up into his beautiful hazel eyes.

"It's okay, because you know what? Everyone who matters knows that I'm dating you and not Zendaya, and anyone who is upset about that can fuck off." He nodded, making me laugh and bury my face into his chest.

"That make you feel better, love?" he asked. I looked up at him and bit my lip.

"Loads." I nodded, my voice quiet. He gave me a small smile before leaning down and pressing our lips together softly.

Tom and I lay in bed, both of us on our phones and my head on his bare chest as he ran his fingers through my hair. I clicked onto Tumblr and scrolled through, looking at edits of Tom, Jacob, Zendaya and I from the Spiderman movies. My eyes widened slightly as I saw a photo of Tom and I kissing on the feed with hearts around our heads, and I immediately recognised the setting as being off set that afternoon.

"Babe." I spoke.

"Hmm?" Tom hummed.

"Did you know that someone took a photo of us kissing this afternoon?" I asked, showing him the phone. He looked at it, his eyebrows furrowed as he kissed my head.

"No, I didn't. I guess Harrison or Jacob must have taken it. It's a cute edit, though." He chuckled as he looked back at his phone. I returned it and nodded, biting my lip at the welcomed difference of seeing a nice edit of me kissing Tom, instead of Zendaya. I clicked onto the comments and immediately, my heart sank again. I scrolled through, feeling more and more sick by the comment.

"Ewwww, no, give me Zen and Tom, not Y/N and Tom!"

"Zendaya looks wayyyyy better kissing Tom than she does."

"God, I hope this isn't real."

"Ew no, I don't ship Tom and Y/N, I ship Tom and Zendaya!"

I sighed and sat up, reading more of the comments.

"Darling? You alright?" Tom asked, his hand rested on my lower back. I sighed and shook my head before handing him my phone again. His eyebrows furrowed and he sat up as he read the comments. His eyes widened.

"Fucking hell, this isn't on." He scoffed, giving me back my phone before grabbing his.

"Tom, what are you doing?" I sighed.

"Finally showing the world that you're my girlfriend and that anyone who would prefer for me to be dating Z can fuck off." He smiled before smashing our lips together. I immediately returned it, cupping his face and pulling him closer as he raised his phone and took a photo of us kissing.

"You're not going to post that, are you? Your parents will see that." I gulped.

"Y/N, babe, we're twenty-three and have been dating for six months, I'm sure they know that we do more than just kiss." He chuckled, making me gasp and laugh as I playfully smacked his arm. Tom smiled at my response but continued to type on his phone.

"And...done." He declared, nodding as he clicked one last button. As if on cue, my phone pinged with an Instagram notification. I opened the app and smiled at what I saw. Tom had just posted the photo of us kissing, and my smile widened further as I read the caption:

Tomholland1996: So, since the start of me being Spiderman and Zendaya playing my love interest, there's been a lot of speculation about whether or not we're dating in real life. This wouldn't have been an issue, if this speculation hadn't been accompanied with people slagging off my actual girlfriend, the beautiful @Y/I/N, who, as everyone knows, plays Liz Allen in the Spiderman movies. I know that some fans will be disappointed finding out that Zen and I aren't an item, but I also hope that many are happy for Y/N and I, because I love her so much and she's an amazing girlfriend who makes me happy. Please respect the fact that I am dating Y/N and not Zendaya, and please respect Zen on this too. Thanks, guys, love you all xxx

I bit my lip, tears pricking my eyes as I read the post. I turned to Tom and gently took his face, pressing our lips together.

"Thank you. I love you." I whispered against his lips.

"I love you too, sweetheart." He replied, making me smile and snuggle back into his body.