- Where Is He? - Bellamy Blake -

————

————

"You need to stop protecting the grounders. I'm not gonna be able to protect you much longer," Bellamy dragged Y/N into an empty room at the end of the hallway.

"I'm not protecting the "grounders" I'm protecting the people who've helped us. The innocent," Y/N shot back at Bellamy. But then she reminded herself of the reason she wanted to talk, "But-," She was quickly interrupted by Bellamy talking.

"But there's ones out there-,"

"Enough!" Y/N yelled as her muscles tensed. The man in front of her looked at her, dumbfounded. Y/N took a deep breath and un-tensed, "Why does it always have to be about the grounders. Why can't we just talk about us anymore?"

"Y/N. There's a lot going on right now. And I need to get to work," Y/N could tell that Bellamy was bottling something up. He wanted to say something, but he wouldn't.

"All I want. All your girlfriend wants is three minutes out your day. It's not like I'm asking for much," Y/N's nostrils flared in rage. She wanted to belt out and punch the man. The man who she didn't recognize to be Bellamy. He looked like Bellamy, but didn't have the heart of him.

"Maybe some other time," Bellamy went to turn his body around toward the door. Y/N's anger couldn't be controlled any longer, she burst.

"What is wrong with you!" The woman yelled. Bellamy looked back over to Y/N. "I have done nothing wrong to you. I haven't hurt you. I haven't done you wrong. All I have ever done is care for you with my all. So, why am I getting treated like I'm trash?"

"I'm doing this for you. I'm making sure that the grounders will never hurt any of us again," Bellamy said confidently, like he was proving a point.

"Where's the old Bellamy?" Y/N asked the curly headed man. She couldn't stop herself, as soon as Bellamy started to change, memories floated through her head of the Bellamy before all of this. A Bellamy that existed only two weeks before.

"This has always been me," Bellamy told his girlfriend with a shaky voice.

"No," Y/N shook her head, "No. Where's the man I fell in love with," Tears started to fog her sight.

"Where's the man who stayed in my tent days with me after I was hurt? Where's the man that carried me into the drop ship even though he knew he would get sick? Where's the man who talked to Charlotte in that cave?" Y/N 's voice started to rise.

"Where's the man who snuggled me by the campfire until dawn because I was feeling down? Where's the man who took in my brother like his own the second he saw him? Where's the man who taught James how to throw a football?" Y/N started pushing on Bellamy's chest.

"Where's the man who asked me to help him lead? Where's the man who told me he loved me," Y/N broke down into tears. She stopped pushing Bellamy so she could wipe the tears off her face.

"Where's my King?" Y/N gave Bellamy a genuine miserable look. Bellamy grabbed her arms to stable her. His tears were about to spew over his eyelids and onto his cheeks.

"Bell. I need you," The woman took her arms out of Bellamy's grasp and placed her hands onto his cheeks.

Bellamy guided her over to a stool where she could sit down. Y/N slowly sat down on the stool, Bellamy crouched down so they were eye level.

"I miss seeing your smile before bed. Your laugh when I tell stupid jokes. You're playful glare when I joke with you," More tears flowed down Y/N 's cheeks. She chuckled when she thought of some memories, "I even miss when you'd pout and try to ignore me when I'd take the joke too far."

"I just miss seeing you happy," Y/N looked down at her hands in her lap.

Silence filled the room. Bellamy wasn't able to talk, and Y/N was begging in her head for the man to say something. But the silence continued.

"Say something. Please," She said in a small voice. She was exhausted, emotionally and physically. Her eyelids were in the most pain. She'd barely slept at all, and when she did it was only a couple of hours. And she cried so much she could fill multiple rivers with her tears.

"I love you," Bellamy's deep voice echoed through the metal room. Y/N felt relieved after hearing those words. A heartbreak of pain left her body. Bellamy stood up from his crouching position, leaned over and kissed Y/N's head.

"But I'm sorry. I have to do this," Bellamy quickly said before he speed walk to the door. A pinch was felt in Y/N's chest, her eyes bursted open and her voice cracked.

"If you walk out that door right now, Bellamy Blake," Y/N's voice varied in tone. But she got Bellamy's attention and he was standing at the door with his hand on the doorknob, "Everything we've had meant nothing to you. And you're just proving to me that you don't care if this ends."

"I'm doing this so we don't have to end," Blake mumbled before he opened the door and walked out.

"Bellamy!" The woman yelled for him. She was praying that he'd turn around, tell her that he's sorry, "Bellamy!" Bellamy kept his back towards her as he walked down the hallway. The louder Y/N's yelling got, the faster he'd walk.

The metal door closed with a loud 'bang' sound.

————
word count : 955