Chapter 16: Problem

Something was holding him by the neck. He clearly wasn't alone. The sound of water dripping from a pipe was barely audible, and no sound came out of Harry as he tried to speak. A bright light flashed in front of him, a reddish colour. Then it was gone. Harry still couldn't breathe, he clawed at his throat desperate to break free of the strong grip someone had on him. He cried out again, but no sound, it was like someone had stolen his voice and left him with the small little breathy sound he made when attempting to scream. He tried and tried again but his voice wasn't working, he dug his nails into the arm around his throat, but the grip grew tighter and tighter...

He threw his arms up, hitting something nearby, or someone.
He rubbed his eyes, seeing a blond boy holding his jaw in pain, "D-Draco?" He tried to say, but his voice was squeaky and quiet.
"Shh, hey it's only me it's fine." he took his hand away form his face and placed it on Harry's arm.
"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to,"-he gestured to Draco's face-"I'm sorry."
"Do I look bothered? No. Harry I don't care about my face I care about you and your nightmares. Now you don't have to talk about them, we can lay here all night if you want."
"I-I just want to be in your arms," he said nervously.
As an answer, Draco pulled Harry closer to his chest, letting him hear his heart beat, he rested his head on Harry's and closed his eyes, "You are safe, I promise."

Harry woke up from a finally peaceful sleep, but one thing was missing...
Draco.
Harry was sure he went to sleep with him but Harry was alone when he opened his eyes. He got up instantly to search for the boy.
The common room was cold, despite the fire roaring, and the air was very still. He frantically looked around, in his bedroom, the bathroom, a storage room, the common room. He was missing.

Draco had woken up extra early to sneak down to the kitchens and get Harry breakfast in bed. His plan was going to satisfactory, until McGonagall came down fast on Draco's heels as he turned the last corner to hallway to their dorm.
"And what do you think you are doing Mr. Malfoy?" She said in her sturdy and quiet but powerful voice.
"I-I just um, well,"-he took a deep breath-"Harry had a bad night last night, and I thought the last thing he needed was to get up and have breakfast with a bunch of people at 7."
"Why didn't you inform me? You should come and get me next time." McGonagall began walking the direction Draco was, Draco trailed behind.
"Well it was the middle of the night and-" Draco paused, he knew he wasn't meant to speak a word of his relationship with Harry to anyone, but McGonagall was ok to know, right?
"And?" She asked, raising one thin eyebrow.
Draco sighed, realising he was making too much a big deal out of it, "I got him to calm down."
McGonagall at first didn't understand what he was saying, but quickly caught on, giving him a knowing look, "Well, next time make sure you do the same if it calms him. I'll see you later Draco." She smiled, and walked away happy that at least some people were to get along.
He opened the door to their dorm rooms, and saw Harry anxiously pacing around, he put the tray of food down and when Harry noticed him, he bombarded him with a hug. They stayed like that for a good 2 minutes, until Harry spoke.
"I thought you went missing," he explained.
"I am so sorry I should have said where I was going," he apologised, and broke away from the hug, still holding Harry by the shoulders.
"Where were you going?" Harry folded his arms.
"To- um, to get you b-breakfast in bed?"
"Aren't you romantic," Harry said chuckling, and planted a gentle kiss on Draco's cheek, then walked to the tray and picked pieces from the plate, hoping he could digest a few crumbs at least.

Ron hadn't played wizards chess with Harry for ages, and he was feeling rather alone. Harry had been spending awfully a lot of time with Draco and Ron wasn't exactly happy. Hermione had tried to tell him it was nothing, but he knew there was more. Dean and Seamus has confronted him about Harry as well, Ron finally decided that he needed to speak to Harry about his concerns.
On his way, he passed McGonagall in the hallway, she seemed to have come back from Harry and Draco's dorm, "morning professor."
"Mr. Weasley good morning to you. Oh if you are on your way to see Potter, tell him he and Mr. Malfoy can have an off timetable day, along with you and miss. Granger," She said, her thin lips spreading into a smile, then proceeded down the corridor.
Ron felt a little taken back, but decided not to think too much into it and headed to Harry's dorm.
The door creaked quietly as he opened it, he looked around for the raven haired boy, but instead the other boy he really didn't want to see currently was waiting in the living room for something.
"Where's Harry?" He asked, not bothering for a whole conversation.
"He's-" but before Draco could finish, Harry walked out the bathroom in a small towel and his hair damp.
"He's what?" Harry asked, then noticed Ron in the room, "Ron? What brings you here?"
"Ok since when have you become so comfortable around him you wear literally no clothes?" Ron asked, trying not to make it awkward, Draco avoided eye contact with anyone as he tried to hide the fact he was basically drooling at the sight of Harry. Harry and Draco went red.
"Ron, it's nothing. Now, did you want anything?" He asked, wrapping his arms around his very small waist.
"Um- McGonagall told me to tell you that me, you and Draco have an off timetable day, so does and Hermione."
"Thanks Ron," he said, trying to get him to leave.
"And I'm not happy with this-" he gestured to Draco and Harry.
"What makes you unhappy?" He sighed, and Draco rolled his eyes.
"You hanging around with the guy you despised for 7 years, it's like he's your new best friend or something."
Harry walked closer to Ron, hoping he could find some way to explain his behaviour without Hermione helping, "Ron, you are reading too much into it."
"Am I? You've spent almost all your time with him, what is between you two?" He said, and Draco's heart rate immediately increased.
"Nothing! Why would there be?" Draco yelled, anxiety clear in his voice.
"Ron, I don't know what has gotten in to you but you are acting weird." Harry mentioned.
Realising the awkward tension in the room becoming increasingly unbearable, Ron removed himself from the room. He sat outside the door for a good few minutes to calm down.
"Well that was... interesting?" Harry spoke first.
"Who told him about us? was is Granger?" Draco turned to Harry, panic bubbling in his veins.
"Hermione," he corrected, "and no, she wouldn't, he only suspects."
"But what would he do? He could tell everyone-"
"Hey, stop it," Harry chuckled, and for a moment they stared into each other's eyes, many feelings floating around. Draco eventually closed the gap between them, kissing Harry gently but passionately. It was smooth and quick. But not quick enough, because at the same time, Ron decided to enter and apologise to Harry, but instead witnessed the whole thing.