SIXTY-FOUR

October 30, 20XX - Thursday'Hoseok'

'Hoseok'

Hoseok has only ever been in love once.

And he will only ever be in love once.

After all, no one could look at him the way Seungwan did.

No one could make him laugh the way she did.

And no one could smile at him the way she did.

Yet, they took that from her.

They took everything from her...when they violated her.

Hoseok curled his hand into a fist.

He remembered that day: the way he fought to keep her at his side, the way he turned to Namjoon for help, and the way he felt so helpless when he got no response.

Hoseok couldn't stop the damage from happening, so he tried to fix it.

Hoseok wanted to put her back together like she once was before, but she would never be the same. 

It became a rift in their relationship and her pain was so much she had to leave him.

Because she wanted no reminders, even if it meant leaving the man she loved.

Hoseok placed a hand over his heart.

"You alright, buddy?" 

Feeling a hand on his shoulder, he turned to find Jin's face etched with concern.

He had caught him thinking again.

"I'm alright," He let his partner know as he took the coffee he offered him.

Jin pulled out the chair next to Hoseok, taking a seat just in time for the chief of police to come into the meeting room.

The chief turned on the projector, rubbing his hands together as he waited for the screen behind him to display the information.

"Thank you, everyone, for coming. I won't make this long. There has been a major update on finding Kim Taehyung. If you take a look here, he was last seen exiting O2 Motel. We caught him on surveillance. We also were able to get a glance at who was with him."

Clicking to the next slide, surveillance screenshots of Taehyung and others appear.

One of them looking awfully familiar to Hoseok.

"This girl you see here. She actually matches the profile for Moon Hari. The girl that went missing and was reported by her professor. She so happens to be Moon Honggi's daughter."

Hoseok could hardly digest the information, his thoughts were all over the place.

Because the man pictured next to Taehyung...

was Kim Namjoon.

And now the chief was telling him there was a girl involved with them?

Had she known that the murderer of her father was right beside her?

Did she know how dangerous her life was about to become?

But most importantly, did Namjoon not learn his lesson?

"We seem to have lost them. I think the key is finding out who this man is next to them. He might be easier to find. We pinpoint him, we find them all. Unfortunately...we don't have a single lead."

Hoseok tensed up.

He couldn't save Seungwan, but he could save this girl.

But would the cycle ever stop?

No, Hoseok had to end it once and for all.

Which is why his eyes snapped up to meet the chief's, his mouth opening to say,

"I have a lead."

Everyone turned to look at him with surprise.

"...and I think I can get us in."

_______________________

A/N: If you were here early enough in Runaways, the picture of the chapter was the original book cover. It was actually his mugshot. Written on it was the police department and the date of his arrest.