Modeling Part 2

Sophie followed Gloria and Carlos down the hallway and into the studio, seeing a couple of people clustered in a group frantically whispering. When Gloria cleared her throat, they turned around, clearly irritated, but to the anger faded from their faces immediately when they saw Sophie. The room fell silent with the group of people standing with their jaws agape and Sophie turning redder and redder by the minute. The small bit of confidence that was left in Sophie disappeared with the rest that had been destroyed by the events at school earlier. Just as Sophie wanted to run away at top speed, Carlos grabbed her arm and broke the silence.

"This is our makeup, hair, and photo team, who has forgotten their manners," he said grumpily, "they can make their individual introductions as they work, come sit down."
He dragged her over to a swivel chair and she plopped down in the seat. Sophie stared at herself in the mirror, watching the hair and makeup team set up and the photo guy fiddle with the camera. A girl with bright pink hair sashayed over to her with a smile.

"Hi! I'm Ruby, and I'm the main person on our hair team. I'm really sorry if we offended you earlier, we were just shocked because Carlos said you were going to be pretty but we weren't expecting you to be this gorgeous, and the dress fits you like a dream, red is totally your color, and I'm babbling. Sorry. Lemme just start on your hair...." she said, laughing nervously.

Sophie smiled, pleased to see that the girl was just as nervous as she was and relaxed a bit as she fiddled with her hair, laughing and giggling all the while. When she was finished, Sophie's long blonde curls bounced with every movement of her head, and they felt incredibly soft to the touch. Before Sophie could blink, Ruby was quickly replaced by a girl with a blue pixie cut.

"Hello. I'm Haven, and I'm the main person in charge of makeup here, I'm guessing Ruby explained why we were staring for so long," she said sheepishly. "This probably won't take long at all, considering you're so pretty already, and this will be a very light look."

Sophie leaned back in the chair and closed her eyes as she felt makeup brushes and creams being rubbed into her face. Before long, Haven tapped her on the shoulder and smiled, saying she could open her eyes.

Sophie looked into the mirror and saw that the look was indeed light, but somehow made her chocolate brown eyes pop and her lashes look impossibly long, a light blush had been added to her cheeks, mimicking the one on her face from earlier, her lips were also a cherry red that made them look even bigger. The girl in the mirror was beautiful, and Sophie wondered if that's what the people at her university saw every day.

While Sophie was lost in her thoughts, Gloria came to tap her on the shoulder, signaling for her to follow behind her. They walked to a changing booth with plush seats and a thick curtain, and Gloria motioned for Sophie to step inside. Closing the curtain behind her, Sophie stepped inside the room and found a red two piece set waiting on the chair for her. Sophie's heart rate went up a couple notches as she stared at the super revealing fabric. Shaking her head with a sigh, she pulled off her dress and heels and tried on the lingerie.

(Not including a picture)

Sophie stared at herself in the full length mirror, her heart rate jacking up again as she looked at herself in the revealing pieces of fabric. Before she lost her nerve, she shoved the curtain open with a whoosh and blushed harder as the entire team looked at her, their jaws dropping in disbelief.

Gloria motioned for her to sit in the photo area, adorned with a mountain of plush pillows and rose petals, in a clear valentine theme.

That explained the red.

Sophie sat in the pillows and let Gloria manhandle her into the position she wanted. When she was finally satisfied, she stepped away, but her features soon melted into a frown.

"Sophie you look super uncomfortable and you need to look super sexy." She said matter of factly.

"I am super uncomfortable," Sophie said shakily, "I can't exactly fake the other part."

Gloria sighed and shook her head.

"How about you imagine that behind me, right now is a row of people, those people have done nothing but make you feel terrible or hurt your feelings. To stick it to them, you need  look the best you possibly can and make them ever regret messing with you. You are already in the right pose, you just need to get in the right headspace. Take as long as you need." Gloria said slowly."

Sophie let out a sigh, closing her eyes and thinking about who fit the description of what Gloria said. Immediately an image of a white eye came to her mind.

The Neverseen.

They had done nothing but take things away from her, and make her feel horrible. If they could see her now, living happily despite her exile, looking amazing as heck, it wouldn't make up for all they had done, but it would sure make Sophie feel better.

Sophie sighed out another deep breath and focused on making the most sultry look she could manage as she opened her eyes and stared straight at the camera.

"Perfect!!!!" Gloria said, jumping up and down and yelling at the cameraman to take the picture. Sophie held the sultry look for a couple shots, then changed position and lied on her stomach, kicking her legs back and forth behind her. She changed positions a couple more times and finally let out a laugh at the cameraman's face as he snapped a picture of her sneezing on accident. While she was still giggling, she heard the camera shutter click rapidly, and looked up to see Gloria yelling about candid photos. Sophie took a couple more shots in different positions until Gloria said she was done. Sophie stood up, stretching her muscles and going back to change into her dress. When she asked Gloria where she should  put the lingerie, Gloria told her to keep it, that she looked beautiful in it. When Sophie walked  out in her dress she was met with Gloria and Carlos staining side by side, holding a clipboard with a contract on it.

"It's time for you to make your decision, and I'm really hoping you decide to work with us because those pictures were amazing and definitely worthy of a cover of a magazine or a billboard for our valentines collection." Gloria said happily.

"But of course; it's your decision," Carlos said slowly, "and we will respect it even if you decide to walk away."

Sophie grabbed the clipboard and signed on the line before she could change her mind. Gloria and Carlos wooped happily, babbling about billboards and magazines, but Sophie tuned it all out.

She had just given away her position to the council, and the rest of the elven world, but strangely, she felt at peace, even though she had been exiled.

The council could do what they wanted, but Sophie had her life to live now, juggling law school and apparently, her new modeling career.

And according to Gloria, she had a photo shoot next Wednesday and a rehearsal for a fashion show the day after, so the council could throw a fit if they wanted to.

She'd be too busy to deal with them anyway.