chapter two: lawnmower dog

(y/n) pov
Rick kept coming to the bar every night for two weeks after that day. Some nights at the end of my shift we'd head to my place for a drink of two, almost always he would already be a drunk. Tonight was no different as we sat drinking on the couch.

"W-why don't you come on an a*eurp*adventure with me and m-morty. We can...we can travel the universe," he said downing another glass of whisky.

"Maybe I will but I'm positive half-sober Rick wouldn't want me along."

"H-how do y-*eurp*you know? Maybe I want you...*eurp* you as a lab assistant. M-morty is always in s-school."

"I'm sure Morty would rather be with you than have me take over his job," I said drinking from my whisky, a nice buzz was starting to form.

"H-how's the garage coming along," he studered over his words as he drank from his glass again with a sigh.

"Not much progress. I didn't have anything to unpack when I came here, but I don't know if I really like the layout just yet."

"Hmm," Rick grunted before he fell asleep with his long limbs spread out.

I take his glass and place it on the coffee table. Before I can get up to get him a blanket, his body upper slumps onto my lap. Might as well get comfortable where I am.

*The next morning*

I woke up with Rick laying on top of my whole body. He was still out cold from all the drinking. He grunted and shifted before opening his eyes a bit and looking up at me through his lashes.

"The *eugh* fuck do you want*eugh,* why are you looking at me like that," he rasped.

"You looked like you were sleeping really comfortably, so I didn't wanna wake you. Anyways get off I need to pee."

He sat up and took a swig out of his flask. I went upstairs and grabbed a change of clothes before heading into the bathroom. I changed into a pair of jeans and a (f/c) tanktop, a dark denim jacket, and a pair of converse. Make up isn't really my strong suit so I did a quick winged eyeliner and combed my hair.

I walked out to find Rick leaning against the wall next to me.

"Let's *eugh* go," he said shooting a green portal.

"What?"

"Come on lets go. We've got w *eugh* work to do. Come on the portal's gonna close," he said pushing me forward.

We walked through the portal and entered the garage.

He walked to his work station and sat on a rollie chair.

"Well what are you *eugh* waiting for. Sit down and hand *eugh* me that screwdriver," he said looking up with a sneer.

"So what are you making," I asked handing him the smallest screwdriver I could find.

"A device t-to enter people's dreams."

"That's cool."

"Yeah well I'm *eugh* only doing it to get Morty an A in math so I can keep pulling him out of school."

"Why not just help him with his homework then?"

"That d-defeats the purpose."

"If you say so."

He tinkered in silence occasionally asking for a tool or tiny part. Eventually I got bored when he didn't ask for anything so I just watched him work.

"Stay *eurp* here. Don't touch anything."

Rick walked into the house leaving the door open.

An argument that was taking place in the living room could be heard well into the garage.