Chapter 20 - Dinner

Isabella's POV

"Umm....What about?" I mumbled nervously.

"About Alessandro." She replied with a serious expression.

I gulped anxiously and murmured. "Alessandro?"

"I always wished that someday I would see you and Alessandro getting married." She confessed. My eyes widened in surprise. "You suited each other. I had even told it to your mother. She admitted that she thought the same as well. But now everything has changed. You are in a relationship with someone else, and you are expecting your first baby together. On the other hand, Alessandro is in love with Gaia, his fiancée." She stated, emphasizing the word fiancee while looking into my eyes. I bit my lower and averted my gaze. "And Alessandro's happiness is more important to me than everything. So I will ask you to keep your distance. I don't want this closeness to create problems between Alessandro and Gaia nor you and your boyfriend. It will be the best for all of you."

"I...didn't...." I mumbled as my eyes welled up.

She raised her hand, stopping me. "Just stay away from Alessandro." She demanded and left without letting me say anything.

Alessandro's POV

My phone rang as I walked into my office. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the screen. I frowned as I saw Gaia's name on it. I breathed deeply and picked up the phone.

"Yes, Gaia?" I snapped.

"Good morning, baby." She said seductively.

"Good morning." I mumbled and sat down on my seat as I unbuttoned my suit.

"Are you busy this evening? My parents want to invite you for dinner." She purred.

"Okay, I will be there." I replied. It was the opportunity for me to search Lorenzo's study room. I should find our documents. I wanted to stop this fake relationship as soon as possible.

I sighed as I hung up the phone and grabbed my file. Then I went to the meeting.

After the meeting had ended, I left the conference room and went to my office. I grabbed my phone and called Isabella. I wanted to inform her that I was going to Albertini mansion for dinner.

"Hey, bella mia. How are you? How is my son?" I asked happily.

"Hi. We are fine." She mumbled.

"What happened? Your voice is strange." I asked, concerned.

"Nothing....I am just tired." She said dryly.

"Isabella...." Someone knocked on the door, interrupting me. I frowned, annoyed. "Bella mia, I have to hang up. Someone is knocking on the door. I called you to inform you that I am invited for dinner in Albertini mansion." I informed.

"....Umm...OK." She said in a low voice.

"Take care. I love you." I said.

"Bye." She mumbled and hung up.

****

I parked my car in front of the Albertini mansion and stared at the luxurious mansion. I breathed deeply and opened the door.

Gaia greeted me at the door. She held my hand and headed us towards the living room. Her parents greeted me. Then we started having dinner.

After dinner, we were drinking coffee while sitting in the living room. Lorenzo was talking about himself for more than thirty minutes. I got bored. I wanted to leave the mansion as soon as possible, but I should find those documents. So I was stuck here.

"Excuse me, I need to use the bathroom." I said as I stood up.

"The housekeeper will show you the way." Lorenzo said. I nodded and followed her.

She stopped in front of the wooden door and left. I walked in and checked that she had left. Then I went to Lorenzo's study room quietly. I saw the room when we passed by it; the door was open. I walked in and closed the door behind me. I breathed deeply and started checking his drawers quickly.

"Damn it!" I cursed under my breath as I couldn't find the documents and ran my hand through my hair angrily. Suddenly, I heard footsteps. I instantly grabbed my phone, walking away from the desk and pretended talking on the phone.

A few seconds later, the door opened and Lorenzo walked in. Lorenzo gave me a puzzled look as he saw me here.

"Yes. I will call you. Bye." I pretended to talk on the phone and put it into my pocket.

"What are you doing here?" He snapped, placing his hand into his pocket.

"I was talking on the phone." I lied.

He nodded without taking his eyes off me and suggested firmly. "Would you like something to drink?" He walked towards the cabinet and poured two glasses of whiskey for us without waiting for my answer.

He extended the glass towards me and sat down on his seat as he told me to sit down. I sat down on the seat next to his desk and took a sip from my whiskey.

"I decided that it would be better if the engagement party is next week." He stated firmly.

"Umm...But we planned it in three weeks." I reminded.

"Yes, but I think it will be better if we celebrate your engagement in two weeks. Don't worry I talked to the event planner, she told me that everything would be ready in two weeks. So don't worry." He declared in an authoritarian tone.

I gritted my teeth, trying to control my anger and asked. "What about Gaia? I think she needs some time to get ready for the party."

"I talked to her; she accepted. She was cloud on nine when she heard my suggestion. So be ready. You are getting engaged in two weeks." He said firmly.

I nodded, clenching my fist. I was holding myself hard not to strangle him. I hated him.

"Come on, let's not keep Gaia waiting." He said, smiling, self-satisfied and stood up.

I nodded and drank all my whiskey in one sip in frustration.

He approached me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Be careful, Alessandro. Don't dare to mess up with my daughter or me. Gaia is so dear to me. If you hurt her, you will regret it. You have a lot of things to lose." He threatened me and squeezed my shoulder.

I stood up as I put my glass down on the desk and put my hand into my pocket, looking into his eyes.

"Come on." He said firmly. I walked out in quick steps while I was trying to calm down. I felt frustrated.