The hooded girl (Jisung)

He saw her at that bus stop again. Perhaps 'saw' wouldn't be the right verb since her face was covered by her hoodie as usual. The bus arrived as scheduled and the hooded girl hopped on. Jisung started walking again.

He saw her there every day since that bus stop was on the route to his house, but it wasn't until two days ago that he started paying attention to her. It had been his first day at school after vacations, a new school year. Jisung was walking down the corridor to get to his class when he saw that a boy 'accidentally' collided with a girl, making her fall and drop her books and papers. That boy laughed along with his friends and walked away without apologizing.

One paper was lying by Jisung's feet so he picked it up, then another then walked over to her and picked up a fallen book. He looked at her to return her books but was taken aback when he saw her scowling. She yanked the books from his hands, stood up and walked away without even a 'thank you.'

Jisung didn't understand, had he done something wrong? Why was she so cold towards him when he'd helped her? That was when he had starting noticing the girl.

He found out that she was in almost all of his classes. Her name was Y/N and she sat at the back with her hood pulled down to her face, always clad in baggy jeans and tennis shoes. He noticed how most of the girls in the class were vary around her, as if she'd get up and punch them at any second. But the boys outright made fun of her, most of them jabbing at her masculine dressing. As if the verbal abuse wasn't enough, they aimed paper balls and erasers at her. "Headshot earns ten points!" A boy in class had said before throwing a paper ball at her, and the class erupted in laughter. But what bothered him most was how even the teacher sneered at her, and tried to hide her smile behind her hand as his classmates mocked the poor girl. "Girls should dress like girls, and boys should dress like boys," the teacher had said, directly looking at Y/N.

That was also the day when Jisung had noticed her sitting at that bus stop across the street. He waited until the bus arrived and Y/N got on with her head hanging low. Then he went on his way. This happened for a few days, waiting for her to get on the bus then going home. He couldn't help but think about her on the way home. What would it be like to lead a life like that? He felt sorry for her. He wanted to help her but then he remembered how she had glowered at him when he had tried.

Another day came, he saw her at the bus stop again. Then something made him squint his eyes. Was she... shaking? Then the bus arrived and obscured his view of her. The bus drove away but Y/N was still sitting there, bent over with her head in her hands. Jisung watched her with worry, he didn't know if he should walk over to her.

A good five minutes passed before Y/N finally stood up and started to walk away from the bus stop. You're going the wrong way, Jisung thought. He decided that it wouldn't be okay to leave her like this, so he followed, making sure to keep sufficient distance between them lest she notice him following. He wasn't sure why he was doing this, but it didn't sit well with him to leave her in this condition.

He realised that Y/N wasn't headed in a particular direction, she was roaming aimlessly. She passed by the street food stalls and looked at them with a hand on her stomach, but then walked away. Jisung's own stomach was growling at him, demanding to be fed, but he didn't want to lose sight of Y/N. The sun had gone down and Jisung's muscles were staring to ache. He had already texted his mom, telling her that he was at a friend's place.

He got tired of following Y/N so he decided to go home. That's when it happened, he heard a familiar voice around the corner where Y/N had turned. He poked his head to see what was going on.

"Look who it is!" A boy from his school was saying to his gang of obedient followers. "It's my man Y/N!" The other boys started to snicker. Y/N changed direction to walk away from them but one blocked her path. "Whatcha doing here, Y/N," he said as he stepped closer to her.