still alive || Jason Todd

Note: just a little drabble! It's been a long time since I've written anything or think about writing at all.

I need to get my brain going.

::

You really couldn't believe it was him, how long has it been? There was no way it was him. These thoughts were haunting you, he was there right across the street, sipping a cup of coffee like it was just one normal day.

But you couldn't mistake those beautiful green eyes, those high cheekbones, his thick, dark hair.

Of course there were noticable changes on him, there was a white streak in his hair, his eyes looked like he had seen everything, they were clouded but still as fierce as before. He was noticably taller, more muscular, there were visible scars on his hands too.

Then suddenly his eyes rose up to meet yours.

Your heart pounded loudly in your ears, it almost leapt out of your chest, it was him.

How?

He was supposed to be dead, you attended his funeral, you were there crying your heart out. You remembered Bruce's hand against your back as he tightly embraced you, he felt the loss too but he didn't cry, not in public. He too was grieving.

You didn't even realize he had stood right in front of you, hands now in his pockets, one of his thick eyebrow raised, questioning. He looked handsome even with the bruises on his face.

"I can feel your stare from across the road," he spoke, voice deeper than you remembered, it was velvety, you could practically feel the vibration in his chest when he spoke.

It sent tingles down your spine.

You stood there, mouth opening and closing like fish out of the water, head tilting up because of the height difference. He was taller up close even when you have your heeled boots on.

"You were supposed to be dead," you finally managed to speak, scolding yourself for letting your voice quiver. You couldn't help it, nobody expected their dead best friend to be walking casually on the streets, coffee in hand and a book in the other. "How?"

"Long story," was all he could give you and you thought you saw his eyes gleamed with pain, sorrow...and anger, he hid those emotions swiftly with a handsome smirk, "I'm surprised you didn't freak out and cause a scene."

You were freaking out alright, but you were really subtle about it. You wanted to hit him, scold him, hug him, tell him stories about what had happened when he was supposedly gone forever.

You couldn't.

As he was reaching his hand to you his phone rang, he stopped what he was doing and reached for the gadget. He looked serious as he let whoever it was on the other side of the line talk.

He didn't say anything, only hung up and looked at you once more after what seemed like he had been spacing out.

"Did Bruce tell you the truth?"

"Huh?"

"Did he tell you how I actually died?"

You stared at him, nodding your head. You remembered how Bruce blamed himself for that when it actually was not his fault but the guilt was eating him so much, it was written all over his face.

Those were the darkest times you, especially the Wayne's, had ever experienced, Bruce became so reckless that even his wife, Mrs. Wayne, literally cuffed the poor man to the bed post because he had been overworking himself. The said woman was also devastated, she kept holding onto the necklace Jason gave her as a gift on her birthday every time she was staring into space.

Alfred always forgot that he didn't have to cook too much anymore, the family would always look at the leftover sadly. Dick was also a mess, he was a wreck.

"Aren't you going to see him?"

He only shrugged at your question, "I'm actually planning a surprise for him," he smirked once more, "I gotta go. Need to prepare myself for the surprise."

With that he was gone once more.

You stared at his back until he was lost in the crowd.

He was still alive.

::

Not sure what's happening here?
Me neither😆

I need my muse back!