Chapter Twenty Two.

Chapter Twenty Two.

"Daddy come on! We were supposed to be there half an hour ago." I complain. We were getting ready to go to Alex's family thing. Well, I was ready but my dad was taking his sweet time.

"Alright. Get me my shoes, please?"

"No." I pout.

"Please.. Darling?"

"Fine." I am such a daddy's girl. I got him his shoes and he put them on. "We're walking there by the way."

"Can't we drive?"

"Tony has the car."

"My car, darling. We have two remember?"

"Oh, yeah. We shall drive then.. Wait, can I drive? Tony never let's me drive!"

"I wonder why."

"Hey, if I was a bad driver I wouldn't have my license."

"I'm kidding, come on let's go." We got into his car and drove off. "Don't ruin my car I've had it for a long, long time. It's older than you and Tony."

"I won't." Dad put on some music as we drove to Alex's. "We're almost there now."

"You can't just leave me okay? I don't know anyone."

"Well, make friends dad. Do you have new friends here yet?"

"The people at my work."

"Do you hang out with them outside of work?"

"No, not really. I don't have time for that. Besides, I'd rather spend my time with you kids. Although one day I know you guys will be too old for that."

"You have to make new friends. You can make friends here. His family are nice, except his dad. He isn't very nice but his mum is. I don't know any other if his relatives though but they must be nice. And no, dad. I'll never be too old for that!"

"Well, you'll have your own life and won't have time for me.. Oh, and introduce me first."

"Don't be silly  dad. I promise I'll always have time for you." I smile at him and he smiles back. "Also, I'll need Alex to introduce me to them in order for me to introduce you to them."

"Same thing." I put the car in park outside his house. "Are we here?"

"Yup." He took of his seatbelt and I took mine off. There were many, many cars parked outside the house. When we walked in you could hear music playing. "Lets look for Alex."

"Alright, lead the way darling." First we looked in the living room. There was a crowd of people. I first saw Alex's mum.

"Oh look, there's Alex's mum. Come on dad." I dragged my dad to where Alex's mum was. She was talking to a man and woman. There was also a little boy itching to get away. I could tell he wanted to go play with the other kids who seemed to be in the swimming pool.

"Mummy I want to go play."

"Shh, we're talking to your auntie."

"But mummy! Everyone else is playing and I'm here. Please mummy."

"No, we haven't seen auntie in ages."

"Kristie, let him go play. It's fine don't worry, we'll catch up later won't we Jake?"

"Yeah! Thank you auntie! I love you."

"I love you too, now go have fun. You got your swim kit?"

"Yeah, underneath!"

"You know where the bathroom is?" He nodded his head. "Go change in there." He nodded his head and ran off, bumping into me.