Chapter 17 - Speaking Crab

Waking up that next morning was so hard, and you felt heavy all day during class. You remembered to try and hide your face to an extent so you wore just a black bennie and fake glasses with normal glass for lenses and hoped that would be enough.

You thought about the thing from last night a little more and came to the conclusion that you should stay friends with Jungkook and the others because you had pirates coming after you now and it was better to try and be around them to protect you if you needed them. 

You weren’t really the strongest and they knew the pirates better then you did so they could help if you came in contact again.

You made your way down to the beach once again after class and headed down the sandy walkway trying to keep an eye out for Jungkook.

Or a pirate.

You sat down on the rock wall near the opening and continued to look out at sea and around you making sure you knew your surroundings. 

You felt a little pinch on your hand as you leaned back on it. Looking down you saw that a little fiddler crab decide to pinch you for being in the way. You brought your hand and the crab continued to pinch you.

You shook him off into your other hand and watched him surry around a little. You smiled down at the small creature as cupped your hands to let him stay in one place. After a few minutes, you put him down on the other side of you and let him carry on with wherever he was trying to go. 

The calming sound of the ocean waves was disturbed but a quiet voice talking to someone. The only problem was that there was no response. It just sounded as if they were talking to themself. 

You decide to cautiously investigate where the voice was coming from. Walking down the rock wall you followed the voice to a small rocky area where the rock wall turned and headed out to sea.

Peering down the wall, laid another mermaid. He had a light green tail with pink flecks, similar to Jungkook’s and Taehyung’s. You couldn’t see his face since he wasn’t looking directly at you, but he had black hair and broad shoulders.

He started talking again and he was… talking to a crab? He held a purple shore crab in his hand and seemed to be having a normal conversation with it. 

You were about to ask what he was doing until you remembered that Taehyung said one of the other mermaids could communicate with sea creatures. You took a few more steps down before you spoke.

“So, you must be Jin?”