Chapter 3

Sierra's POV

The day had finally come, it was the day I'd be starting my new job. A job that would give me a lot of pay. I didn't know if I should feel excited or sad because I'd not be seeing my Mum and sister for some time. The only thing keeping me from backing out of this job was the fact that we will pay off every single debt we had. My Mum and I decided that we wouldn't tell Alexis anything about this job. The only information she was told was that I wouldn't be working from our house but the house of my employers. I was just about to close my last suitcase when a call came in and it was my best friend Autumn.
"Hey Autumn whatsup?"
"Is your ride here already? Cause I wanted to see you before you go and theres really bad traffic here." "My ride isn't here right now. Don't worry you have a lot of time to see me. I believe my ride is meant to be here by 3 babe. And its just 1:45 there's no need to be in a hurry." "Okay then sisi if you say so. I'll see you in a sec. Byee."
And with that the line went dead from her end. Autumn had been my bestfriend since middle school, we were basically 2 peas in a pod. We went to the same high school and even the same university. We were inseparable. When my dad died she was there every single day to give me comfort .She always offered me her  shoulders when I cried and she'd listen to every single stupid joke or thing I said. I also wanted to keep her in the dark about this job cause i know for sure she would talk me out of doing it. She would be telling me how my safety is the number one priority and how she isn't ready to see me die or become a criminal and all that.
"Sisi, are you Okay?" My mum walked over to me with concern shining in her eyes. "Yeah mum I'm just feeling a little homesick. I'm going to miss you guys so much." Then she hugged me really right and then my sister came in also and it was a big 'family hug'
moment. Why my family is so extra, I don't know. I mentally rolled my eyes.
"Oh my God mum I'm not dying I'm just going away for a short period of time. You know there's this thing called the telephone or phone. It was invented by Graham bell. Does it ring any bells??? Well they use that now to communicate in this century. I hope you try it some time." I laughed at my own joke.
"Shutup sisi, that wasn't funny at all." Alexis dead panned. "Come on atleast give me a break you know that one was good." With an eye roll she walked out of my room.
"Mum but seriously I'll be fine nothing bad is going to happen. Trust this girl." "I know sisi but i just have this weird feeling that something's gonna happen." Apart from me getting that million bucks I don't think any other things going to happen. Like how hard would it be taking care of an 11 year old?
"Okay I'll call you once I'm at the place to assure you I'm alive and well. Deal?"
She smiled and with a nod of her head excused herself from my room . "I'm here lovelies." I heard Autumns over enthusiastic voice yell. Well crazys in town. "Autumn I'm in my room. I replied.
"So i brought so many things to make you feel comfortable at your new job. We have new comfy pjs, comfortable underwear, this bug ass fluffy bear and of course a framed picture of moi."She said while walking into my room. I couldnt help but laugh at the last item.
"What makes you think me waking up to your ugly ass face every morning would make me comfortable?" And then wham with the speed of light I was slapped on my arm. "Ouch that hurts." " mark my words sisi you are going to miss me so much. More than you even know."
"Yeah right. You wish" and with that I hugged her real tight.

                       *********

3o'clock had reached faster than  I thought. I was putting in the last of my luggage and with the final hugs and kisses I was in the car. Off to wherever this driver was taking me to. We had passed so many trees and it looked like we were going out of the radius of civilisation. My body had already had enough for a day so i closed my eyes planning to experience some ounce of sleep. Just as I was about closing my eyes the car came to an abrupt stop in front of a very big mansion. We were in the driveway and the driveway alone was so beautiful filled with flowers and trees and a mundane water fountain. It looked like something from a Greek museum. With different statues at different points of the garden. If outside was like this only God knows what the insides would look like. The driver Jamie helped me bring out my luggage and took it inside the house. "Come on Miss, Mrs Giovanni is waiting for you inside." And that was my cue to move into the house. Once i stepped in I could not believe my eyes. The first structure that welcomed you was the staircase and hung on the ceiling was a beautiful chandelier. I felt like Cinderella walking into the building.  There was a big mirror almost to the left of the stairs and when I stared at my reflection I felt displaced. This was obviously not my type of scene. Jamie led me to the sitting room and let's not even start to explain how it looked. It looked like one from the Victorian era, lavish and extravagant. Everything Inside was white with gold embellishments. The ceiling to the chairs were all coordinated the same way. And Mrs. Giovanni sat in the middle of all this, with legs crossed and eyes staring me down like an eagle ready to catch its prey she beckoned me forward to have a seat.
"How was your journey? I hope it wasn't tedious?" I shook my head indicating there was no problem with travelling. "Jamie here will take you to your room, freshen up and come down for dinner at 7. I would like to introduce you to my son. The one you will be taking care of."
I nodded promptly and smiled. I got up from my seat and walked in the direction of the stairs where Jamie was taking me to. I don't know what's happening with my tongue and mouth. Why it can't seem to form words ,maybe this environment is way beyond my reasoning. We were on the 2nd floor and then Jamie stopped in front of a door and then he opened it. I walked into the room and thought for sure we were at the wrong place. " uhmm excuse me, Jamie ,but are you sure this is my room cause from what i remember I'm here as a maid and not a guest. "
He just looked at me asif I'd lost some marbles. "No Miss. Bloom this is infact your room. I'd leave you it then." With a curt nod he turned and excused himself. This Jamie man had gone from driver vibes to butler vibes just like that. This room was so elegant to  have a temporary owner like me. It didn't look like a room that would be a part of this house cause it was more on the modern side. It had dark and light brown, cream wood Floors for the walls. The bed was big and it looked comfy. To test my theory I jumped on it and of course it was just like i thought and even better. I felt like myself and the bed was becoming one in the less weirdest way possible. It was surrounded by wood standings and had some type of glass roof on top. There was also a reading table by the left and a chair by the right which fit into the theme of the room. Remembering I was told to freshen up. I brought new underwear and a new pair of jeans and a chiffon top to wear for dinner. I brought out everything I needed to shower and went straight into the bathroom. It was so big, with 2 showers and a bath tub, a big ass mirror and a divine water closet. I was sure I'd spend more time in here than in my bedroom pampering myself. With no time to spare I immediately took of everything I jumped into the shower, adjusting the water temperature to warm and then relaxing in there for some time.

It was already 7pm and i was on my way to dinner praying that I wouldn't loose my way cause this house was pretty confusing. I rushed down to the grand floor and looked for any sign of a dining hall, after trying almost all the doors downstairs some consisting of libraries and offices, I finally found the dining hall; promising myself to go on a tour tomorrow, I stepped into the dining hall. There sitting at the table was Mrs. Giovanni and someone else I couldnt see clearly from where I was standing, so i decided to work further into the dining hall and in front of my eyes was the most handsome man I had ever laid my eyes on. He had the most intriguing green eyes you had ever seen and looking closely as they were illuminated by the light I could see specks of blue in them. He had jet black hair that had been sleeked back to perfection. Even though he was sitting you would know he was really tall and his cheek bones looked so defined you would think he took extra time to contour them. I realized I was drooling and quickly tried to snap myself out of this mans trance. And then Mrs. Giovanni spoke and what she said knocked me off of my feet like I mean literally.
"Sierra meet my son Gabriel, he's the one you would be taking care of from now on." Here I was thinking I had to take care of a child. Well atleast I tried.Wheres Jamie, he should take me back home. I probably should go and start packing cause this is definetely not what i signed up for.