Chapter 41

Khloe's POV:

Today has honestly been amazing.

It started out exactly how Nico and I planned, with breakfast with all five of us.

Although it was a bit strange when Xander showed up with a wrapped gift and Nico snatched it before speeding off to our room.

Xander wasn't too happy about that, but Nico assured him that I'll be opening it a little later when the time is right.

Which raised a lot of questions for me.

Well, questions and excitement which was quickly followed by Lily serving up one of my favorite breakfast dishes and the games began.

We were there for nearly three hours, the brothers teasing each other whenever they or their pets won a game, and Doe accusing Marcus of cheating whenever he did.

All in all the fact that we were together was the thing that made me the happiest.

I think I finally came to my own solid conclusion that this was the family I had now.

Even though most of them might not feel the same, given the fact that they didn't exactly know the situation between Nico and me, we all still seemed to liven up whenever we were all together.

And I loved that more than I could express in words.

Even though It couldn't replace the memory of my family before, it's still more than I ever could have hoped for while stuck in that pet shop.

After that Nico took me into the town, mostly because I couldn't think of anything specific that I wanted to do.

I wasn't quite sure what I could do that would be different from what I do every day, so the city was a perfect option.

That fact became more evident the longer we were there.

Since it was also the Lord's birthday, there were tons of festivities going on. Many of which I happily became apart of.

The only downside to heading into town was the dark hood Nico decided to wear so he wouldn't get recognized. Which also made all of the public displays of affection very interesting.

And made for a somehow more perfect day

Although right now it was in a pretty awkward position.

By that I mean I was holding tight to Nico while he quite literally scaling up the outside walls of the castle.

When he told me that I needed to get on his back in order to take us wherever he had planned for dinner, I thought he was joking.

Yet here I was, hundreds of feet in the air.

In all honesty, the view from where we were so far was amazing.

The sun was just barely beginning to set, sending a variety of oranges and dark pinks to take over the sky.

Although when I looked straight down... That view gave me a different feeling.

I wasn't necessarily scared, oddly enough, but just a bit uneasy.

"Y'know, I never thought that this would be how I died," I commented, still staring at the ground far below.

The slight breeze caused my hair to gently whisp around my face as I looked away.

Nico didn't hesitate in the slightest, letting out a soft laugh before he responded.

"I find it hilarious that you think that I'd let you fall." He explained casually, "How are you holding up back there?"