Chapter 11

Ugh... My eyes... Why is it that the light must always hit my eyes... Wish this world had curtains to cover windows.

I sat up and stretched my body while yawning. I was still sleepy but it disappeared slowly as I looked around me.

Hmm...? Where is Bell?

...

Bell? Where the heck is she!?

I stood up quickly and looked around me. There were two futons but one was empty. Her pink kimono is gone so she must be wearing it and her she took her stuff with her. Where the heck did she go!?

I wore my uniform quickly and got out of my room. I walked quickly to the entrance and saw one of the caretakers. Good thing it's not the rude one.

"Excuse me! Have you seen my companion!? She has very bright yellow hair and bright blue eyes!" I asked the caretaker and was slightly panicking. The caretaker was surprised about my sudden question but still answered.

"She just left a few minutes ago. I think she went towards the slums." the caretaker told me.

"Thanks!" I said quickly and ran towards the slums. I should be able to catch her if she had left a few minutes ago.

=====

Bell's POV

"Haah..." I breathed out the warm air with both of my hands in front of my mouth. It's cold. Even though Shin was kind enough to buy me this warm kimono... In my hand, I held a pink bag with flower patterns. It was filled with all my necessities.

I was currently walking towards my old house since I wanted to see it before I leave with Shin. Maybe I should have told Shin before I left. I wonder if he is worried now... Maybe not. We just spoke to each other. He will think I went somewhere and wait for me to come back...

I pushed the negative thought away and shook my head. It doesn't matter if Shin doesn't care. He was kind enough to get clothes, food, and a place to live. I shouldn't complain.

While I was in deep thoughts, I arrived at the slums. It was early in the morning so only a few adults were awake. Maybe even more since it's cold.

I continued to my way towards my old house but something passed in front of me. Someone had thrown something and almost hit my head. I looked who threw it and it was the man who kicked me away from his house.

"Tch. I missed." he muttered loudly and picked another rock from the ground.

"Hey, you plague! Did you infect and kill someone to get all that stuff!?" he shouted at me and gathered attention towards me. I saw many of them getting angry and disgusted at me.

"N-No..." I answered back loudly enough for the man to hear. I was slightly afraid about what was going to happen to me.

"Huh!? What did you say!? Why don't you speak loudly!" the man shouted again and threw the rock at me. This time it hit me but not at my face or head. I quickly protected my head with my arms and closed my eyes.

"And why don't you disappear at the same time!" the man continued to throw rocks at me. At this point, the others joined too.

"Yeah, disappear, you plague!"

"We don't need you to cause more problems here!"

"Die!"

They all shouted and threw rocks at me. Many sizes of rocks hit my whole body and some of them hit my head. It hurts. Please stop. What have I ever done to you all? Someone... please help me... Shin. Help me.