~20~

"Marina hated this world almost as much, if not more than me

"Marina hated this world almost as much, if not more than me. She was looking for attention. She wanted to rebel."

Alba didn't remember the last time she and her brother had quarreled. Having had a particular childhood they had never really had the opportunity to meet disagreement. They were really close. Not a single day went without them being able to hug each other. They supported each other in the good and the bad. And when the sky fell on their heads they got up together. No matter the situation they were there for each other.

With the war between their parents and their mother's behavior, they didn't really have enough strength and energy to fight each other.

Thus they had promised to ally themselves against adversity. Forever.

---------------------------

Unfortunately even in her worst nightmares Alba could never have imagined the situation in which she was now with Niccolò. Even worse, she was convinced that it didn't stop with a simple story of addiction.

After the last dinner it was obvious that their mother was related to Niccolò's problems and knowing her Alba feared the worst for her twin.

So she was determined to find out what was going on with him. Even with a severe addiction he couldn't empty his account. It meant that there was a bigger picture to exploit.

Hence the reason she was currently on the lookout. She was busy applying a light pink powder on her cheeks while listening to movements from her brother's room. She rested her brush as she could still hear the pop music emanating from his room before taking a light brown lipstick. She leaned over her vanity, leaning on her elbow before applying her lipstick along her heart-shaped lips. She struggled to follow the line without dropping before retreating slightly, pinching her lips to evenly distribute the color.

Once satisfied with her reflection, she put the tube down with her other lipsticks before tackling her hair. She contented herself with applying her usual fifty strokes of brushes along her smooth strands before suddenly stretching to the agreement of silence.

She immediately put her brush back on her vanity in haste before jumping up to her door. She opened it leaning down the hall just to straighten up as her brother made his exit. The latter readjusted the collar of his black and red Las Encinas blazer before pausing as he realized that Alba was there. They held each other's gaze for a moment in a gloomy silence before Niccolò rolled his eyes with a light scoff.

He hurried past her with indifference, leaving Alba looking sadly after him. She looked down at her shoes as she swallowed before suddenly staring at the closed door of her brother's room.

She wrinkled her lips in hesitation before glancing discreetly at the entrance to the hallway.

Once certain that her brother was already far away, she rushed off in the direction of her brother's room. She gave a little breath of relief as she realized he hadn't locked it before making her way inside. She took care to close behind her before taking a step into her brother's room with curiosity.