Chapter Twenty-Three

Bendy's POV

I was back in Animal Kingdom. I changed into a form of a boy, which immediately wowed James, and we went to Pandora.

   "You know, watching me tinker with the Animatronics might not be all that interesting. Why don't you go explore the tunnels?"

"Really? Oh, I don't know... I feel like I'd get lost." I said.

"Don't worry! The tunnel's full of friends!" James winked.

I understand that but was still worried. I'm so shy, I can't just waltz up to one o' Father Disney's children without getting flustered! I still need to find Dr. Facilier... I'm sure Tiana, Mulan, or Jim wouldn't be willing to bring me to him, and I don't think I want to see Mickey after what happened...

I'll... figure it out.

   James helped me find a tunnel entrance and let me go off on my own. I remember Mulan and Tiana were in a room labeled 'Princesses', so maybe I'd find Dr. Facilier in a 'Villans' room. I just gotta figure out where that is. But, golly, were these tunnels confusing... it didn't take very long for me to get lost.

   I sat in a corner for a minute, thinking about what I was doing again. I still have no idea what the necklace is for and why Charlie's blood played an important role. And Tiana sounded serious when she said not to trust Dr. Facilier...

"Golly, what am I doing...?"

   "HELLO!"

   I shrieked and jumped five feet in the air. A little girl with hair full of candy stood in front of me with a big grin. She scared me so much that some ink dripped down my face, so I had to try and put myself back together in my normal form.

   "C-Can I help you...?" I said.

   "You're not supposed to be down here, are ya?" she said, looking smug.

   "Um... n-no, not really... but I'm just looking for someone! Golly, please don't tell anyone!"

   The girl threw her head back in laughter and held her stomach. I realized she had four fingers like me... and her hazelly-brown eyes were definitely too big to be human eyes...

   "Wait... are you a toon?"

   "Somethin' like that!" she paced around me, "I'm President Vanellope Von Schweetz of Sugar Rush! You have'ta call me the whole thing! Haha, I'm messin' with ya, just call me Vanellope!"

"Ok... I'm Bendy..."

"Bendy, huh? Bendy, bendy, bendy... bendy straw. OH! Right, I remember now! Moana said somethin' about you!"

   Moana... she was one of the nice girls I met yesterday; one of the princesses.

   "Say, uh... you wouldn't happen to know where Dr. Facilier is, would ya? I'm trying to... return something to him."

   "Facilly? Yeah, I know where he is! He's in the Villains lair! I'm gonna pull a hilarious prank on them with a couple friends!"

   Vanellope snickered with a creepy grin. I'm wondering if she's a Villain herself... then again, her design looks too cutesy and sweet.

   "So, can you show me the way?" I asked.

   "Sure, pal! Follow meee!"

   Vanellope went skipping down a hall and I quickly followed behind her. I'm honestly more than nervous to see Dr. Facilier again. What if something really bad happens? What if someone gets hurt...? I shook my head and tried not to think about it.