You Can Be The Boss

I woke up unable to move as my body was held down and a hand was on my mouth gagging me. I tried to fight it off still unsure whether it was a dream or reality, but quickly I learned that it was real. The panic took over my body but soon the familiar voice calmed me down.

"Shh, it's me, Sage. Don't scream, everything is fine." He slowly let go of my mouth and I immediately got up into a seating position. I reached for my bedside table to turn the lamp on, revealing Sage on the side of my bed in a casual blue tshirt. I was pale due to a fright I got. I was caught by surprise and for a minute I thought something bad was going to happen to me. He noticed and came closer as I hugged my knees. I was still waking up and processing what happened.

"Come on baby girl, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm sorry."  He said softly but I was mad.

"What were you thinking?!" I said slightly louder. "And I'm not your baby girl!" I continued but the door of my bedroom opened and we both looked that way, interrupted.

Lorenzo stood at the door half asleep. "Unless you want mum to come up here and see you, I suggest you keep your voices down." And with that he closed the door leaving me slightly shocked. But with that I could deal later. Sage however was very shocked and looked at me with eyes wide.

"You told him about us?" He asked panicked.

"Not exactly, but he pieced it together. Don't worry about it, I trust him more than I trust myself." My reply put him at ease plus it showed that Lorenzo wouldn't tell anything since he actually warned us that others might hear us.

"Now tell me, what do you want?" I asked in a quieter voice, somewhat calmer. He sighed and looked at me.

"I spoke to my lawyer, he prepared the divorce papers and will try to end it all as quickly as possible." With that he turned and reached for some papers behind him that I didn't realise were there. He handed them over and I realised that they were the divorce papers which his wife had to sign. Ugh, how horrible it felt thinking of her with the word 'wife'.

"Good for you." I said coldly even though a part of me was happy. He sighed again, probably at my cold reaction and kept on talking.

"I need you, Violet. I know I have been bad to you and probably the best thing I can do is stay out of your life, but not a day has passed that I didn't think of you. I talk to you in my mind all the time." I would lie if I said that his words had no impact. I enjoyed what I heard and wanted to believe it more than anything, but my brain didn't let me.

"How can I know that this isn't another one of your tricks to get me to sleep with you?" I demanded.

"First of all, you are underage so I couldn't do anything even if I wanted to. Second, there are plenty of young women who I could get in that way and even though at first I thought that's all I wanted from you, now I know that it is not. I will give you affection and everything you need, just please stay." There was something in his eyes which suggested that he was telling the truth. I mean, he has no reason to lie about having feelings just to have sex because I am underage, as he said, and I am not some sex goddess.

"I will consider it. How did you get in?" I kept my cold demeanour and changed the subject.

"I used the ladder that you use to sneak out." I nodded at this and he got up.

He began walking towards the window and something inside me changed. I know should have remained angry but the fact that he rushed his divorce, came here to tell me he missed me and even there was that element of just doing what I feel like, it all contributed to me stopping him.

"Stay." I said and he turned back as he reached the window.

"Is that wise?" He asked already knowing the answer.