Part 25

Published: Sept. 27, 2019----Sept. 30, 2020

AUTHOR'S notes: Hello! Dear Readers,

First of all, I want to thank all of you for your support in my new story. I wanted to write a message for a while now. Most of the time, my mind is busy with work, life, and thinking of new ideas to add in this story, hence the delay in jotting down one.

To be continued. ❤❤❤😍

Happy reading!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Nicole's hand touching hers made Katelyn turned to her left side and look at the former with questioning eyes, only to see her friend's downcast head.

She was turning back to her food when her eyes meet Mrs. Baker.

She smiled innocently at the older woman and lowered her head.

"Why does the older woman look suspiciously at her after asking Jared a question?"

A hand then holds hers. Katelyn knows that Jared had done it to let her know he is there, and all she needs is to trust him.

"Mom, what happened to you?" she heard Blake asked before Jared can answer.

"What is wrong with me?"

"Yeah, I thought that your spies are always updated. You know everything that is going on with us, but it seems you have no idea at all."

Mother and son's bickering gained the attention of them all. Katelyn forgets about the hand that holds her as she waited for the next words that Mrs. Baker will say.

"What is new that I don't know about?"

"They are not an item," Blake casually told his mom, but for the women who are listening, it was a big deal.

"Is that for real Jared?"

Katelyn felt the tightness of Jared's hold on her with the question.

"Have we ever been an item, Aunt Melanie?" Katelyn can decipher the mischievousness on his voice as he asked his aunt.

"Don't try to deny it because you are in front of single women, Jared." she reminded him more than scolding.

Mrs. Baker then looked at her two friends but lingered more on her before saying, "Aunt Amanda will be so happy to know about this. I'm sure she will look for a suitable wife for you immediately.

Mrs. Bakers' way of uttering those words and how she looked at her made Katelyn feel that the former implied her unsuitability to Jared.

"Don't worry, Aunt Melanie, Meme will not interfere in my marriage. I can find my bride."

"Of course, you can find one, but the question is, "will she fit as your wife?" You all know that a woman's background is vital to this family."

"Honey, I am sure Jared will find one that will satisfy the family. For now, we better eat before the foods on our plate gets cold." Mr. Baker Senior interrupted, which stopped his wife from adding more to her admonition.

After her husband's interference, Mrs. Baker's action made Katelyn realized; she respects her husband's authority if not because of fear to displease him.

If she is not already married to Jared, the older woman's words will be like a sharp object, piercing into her ego. Thanks to Meme, she entrusted Jared to her, she will not have this adorable man beside her if without her.