Chapter 61 - Creatures of the Night

"Alright, so I found some cool two bedrooms in the Mission District, but they're pretty expensive." Stiles states as he hits the map laid out in front of us on the hood of Roscoe.

We are out at the cliffs, enjoying the city lights before the storm that's rolling in hits us and we need to get to the school Senior Scribe night chicka chicka yea

I nod along with his words as he continues "A couple in Haight and Ashbury– also expensive."

I reach over him and point to another spot near where he's talking about "What about Berkeley?"

Scott looks over to us from where he's sitting on the hood and elaborates my train of thought "Yeah– don't a lot of students live around there?"

"Yeah, yeah, we could try Nob Hill. But, the Jeep would probably burn through a lot of clutches." Stiles reluctantly confesses as he circles the city in his red sharpie and I make a face as I set my hand on his back to comfort him about his baby she's not been doing all that well as of late

Scott looks between us and raises his brow "You're bringing the Jeep?"

Stiles looks up to him like a wounded bird and argues back "You know the plan, okay. No one gets left behind. That's the plan. We're all thinking USF along with Kira, Lydia's not gonna have a problem getting into Stanford, Malia's, uh, gonna– you know, she'll figure something out, okay. The plan's perfect."

I share a look with Scott before he shrugs with his suggestion "Or we could also wait until we actually get into college and then figure out where to live."

Stiles flicks his incredulous eyes towards me as I rest my elbow on the hood and set my hand over my mouth to hide my smile.

He shakes his head towards me before he tilts his head to the side and connects his eyes with Scott "I have a vision, dude. Okay? And it is a beautiful vision. Don't ruin the vision."

Scott chuckles and shifts his focus back up to the night sky and full moon above us that is shining through the clouds rolling in.

Stiles shares a look with me like he can't believe Scott is being zero help and I chuckle behind my hand before I nod towards the map again.

Stiles sighs and looks down to the map, lifting his hand up from the jeep "Okay, we can check out the East Bay. Haven't looked at Oakland yet, you know."

Moving my eyes from where we were looking and across the bridge, I scrunch my nose up with that suggestion. Stiles chuckles and rests his hand on my lower back "What is that look for?"

Shrugging a shoulder I shake my head softly "That new deputy that just moved here, she was telling me about all the terrifying things she witnessed working in that city– I'm thinking we should look at dorms before we look at Oakland"

Stiles moves his humor filled eyes around my face, nodding once as he tries to fight a smile "alright fine, you make a decent case for review" 

Smiling sweetly as I lean my head on his shoulder, I slowly reach over to grab his sharpie and move to put an 'X' through Oakland.

Stiles barks out a laugh and slides his arm around my waist, pulling me into his side as he kisses my temple.

I look up to Scott when Stiles clears his throat and implores up to him "You alright? You're starting to feel it?"

Scott shakes his head softly before stating "No. Just thinking."

"About what?" I ask, earning him to connect his eyes with mine and shrug with his answer "Senior year."