Prologue

Hindsight is one of those things that no one believes in until it rears its head and says, this is how it should have gone. No one makes a decision thinking; I'll look back on this and know that I should have chosen the alternative option. Otherwise, it would be chosen the first time around.

Hindsight is the loophole of regrettable decisions. The one that says, 'I know that I messed up, in hindsight, I wouldn't have made that choice.' 'If I'd known what choice to make, we wouldn't be in this mess.' It softens the blow. It makes the current path of life easier to live with when you say, 'in hindsight, this is where we would be right now if I'd known differently.'

No one wants to admit that if they had just looked a little deeper, thought a little longer, listened a little harder to all of their options, they could have chosen the right decision in the first place. That's not to say that genuine hindsight doesn't exist. Where they really saw no other option than the one in front of them. Where no one else was there to offer an alternative.

Regret can be so unbearable that it's hard to live with, slowly festering and destroying one's confidence in one's own ability to choose their path. Nagging in the back of their mind like a haunted echo that bore guilt right into their core and prevented them from moving forward.

Hindsight is just the knowledge that things could have been different if one had known what they know now. If they had foreseen the outcome of their choice. Hindsight is the shrug of one's shoulders and the admittance of their mistake. Oh well, that's hindsight.

Hindsight is the get out of regret free card. But in the end, the choice is made, the path is set, and the regret is there, whether one wants to admit it or not.

___

Hey fam ! Phew, haven't started a new book in a while ! I'm excited about this one ! Regular updates will begin very soon ! Add this book to your library so that you're notified when I begin posting chapters in a few weeks. ! Most of this book is already written. I just have a little bit left to finish off before I start uploading !

Lots of love x

Tay.