20 - "Well, damn, Carter, you didn't have to seduce me to do that."

Adrian
Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Fuuuuuuccccckkkk.

As the sled descended down the hill, the only word I could think of was that four letter curse word. If it wasn't clear, I hated sledding. Despised its very existence. The very thought of sledding down the hill made me want to vomit. At this very moment, I was cursing my existence, or rather, the existence of that 5-foot-6 ball of thunder that has managed to control my life since I've met her.

What terrifies me the most is that I know that I'm falling like hell for her, but I'm scared to fucking death. I'm terrified that I'll somehow fuck up, and hurt her. I'm terrified that I can't give her what she deserves. Besides, I'm only human and she expects me to be perfect.

Hell, every girl I've ever fell for expected me to be the epitome of masculinity, to be this perfect bad boy that wore a mask, in hopes of hiding their emotions. Truthfully, I'm not hell-bent on hiding my emotions. I'm just scared of falling for a girl who doesn't like what she sees.

But if you never fall, you'll never be able to fly, my own thoughts echo in my mind, firing the bullets that inflict various wounds on my skin. The words alone scare the shit out of me. Because I know that love is a dangerous game.

I glance over at the girl that is laughing her ass off as we sail down the hill. Her dark brown eyes are filled with pure happiness, and I have to admit that the sight is beautiful.

Hell, she's beautiful.

All I could think about when I looked at her was the missed opportunities. Sure, I've maked out with her against the shower wall last night, but we haven't slept together yet. I couldn't do that to her when I wasn't sure of what I felt for her.

She had brought up sex last night, though, when we were taking a drive, and I quickly dismissed the idea, but that didn't stop her from pushing it further.

"Adrian," she whispered. I hum as a response. "Why don't you want to have sex with me? You said that you like me. What's stopping you?"

Her voice had caught me off guard. I didn't speak for a while, trying to think of a way to dodge her question, but I come up empty-handed.

      "We're not talking about this right now," I say instead.

"Why?" She almost growls at me. "Sex isn't a foreign concept to you. That much is for sure. Why are you so scared?"

"It's none of your danniazone business," I scowl. "Just shut up about it, Carter."

"Adrian-" she begin, but I cut her off.

"Dammit, Aurora, I said shut up about it!" I shout, but there's a certain sadness in my voice, and she catches it. I'm not genuinely angry. I'm just hurt.
Silence fills the truck once again. The only sound being the growl of the engine as I drive down the street.

I hate to admit that tears are pooling in my eyes. She doesn't hesitate, though. She reaches over, and interlocks our fingers. I don't look at me, but I don't pull away, either. I drive, in silence, with the windows down, and music playing softly in the background.

"Luca," she breathed. At the sound of my nickname, I tell her to continue. "Why don't you believe in love?"

I'm surprised by her question, but nonetheless, I give her a reply.

I sigh. "If I tell you, will you be satisfied, or will you ask for more?"

She chewed on her bottom lip for a moment before she sighed. "I promise I'll be satisfied."

"Okay. Get comfy,Carter, this will be a long story," he takes a deep breath. "After my mom died, dad wouldn't allow himself to move past it. He beat himself up over it. She was the love of his life. He refused to take down the pictures. He would cry, and drown himself in alcohol until he passed out. It was so hard to see him like this. Blaming himself for her death when it was, in no way, his fault. I mean, I did the same thing, but it was harder for him. He grew up as her next door neighbor, he was her high school sweetheart, and he loved her more than anyone else in the world. A part of my dad died along with my mom the day that she died. Basically, love is a bullet that will kill you without hesitation. You don't see it coming, but it will cause you to fall when you don't have anyone to catch you."

"Love doesn't have to be a bullet. Sometimes, love can be your life-support. Adrian, I have a history of bad relationships, too. My parents didn't work out, either, and that's okay. Because, nonetheless, I still believe that love exists." As she speaks, her hand rests on my thigh, which doesn't help matters. While she's trying to be serious, I'm trying to keep a straight face, but it proves to be very difficult.

"Just kiss me already," I blurt out.

"What?" Her voice comes out strained, and it's obvious that she didn't expect me to say that.

But, honestly, I didn't expect her to give me a boner, either.

Instead of giving her an explanation, I reach over and kiss those cherry flavoured lips of hers. She closes her eyes, and immediately responds to the kiss. Her tongue grazes my lower lip. I groan. She tugs at the strands of my hair. Her teeth graze my neck as she continues to tug at the ends of my hair.

"Well, damn, Carter, you didn't have to seduce me to do that," I growl. Her hands travel underneath the fabric of my shirt, tracing the definition of my abs.

Well, fuck, Aurora, do you want me to slam you against the damn steering wheel and make you scream my name?

When she grinds her body against mine, I have my answer.

So, are you waiting for Adrian to cave in already? Do you think Aurora is doing this on purpose? Do you want them to have sex yet?